2014-01-05 23:03:39 - New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Light vehicle production in the Czech Republic declined 7.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) over the first nine months of 2013, to 834,198 units. The majority of production in this segment is for export, with Europe the main destination; the decline in output has moderated over the last few months on the back of improvements in regional sales.
Previously, BMI forecast an 8.0% decline in the country's passenger car output in 2013, as we held a bearish view on European autos sales. However, the regional market has picked up somewhat more than we had anticipated, with strong sales growth for the brands operating in the Czech Republic, and this has boosted output volumes. Accordingly, we now forecast a 5.0% decline in 2013.
Czech household consumption
remains relatively weak as government austerity measures erode disposable income and keep unemployment high. There are, however, signs that consumer confidence has improved somewhat over the last few months, although it remains weak, suggesting that the decline in sales may continue moderating in 2014 (see 'A Turnaround In H213', September 13). However, modest improvements in overall private consumption are likely to translate to only a slight uptick in big ticket purchases. We forecast vehicle sales to grow 3.1% in 2014, to 185,604 units.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754716_czech_republic_autos_report_q1_2014.a ..
In the longer term, there is still pent-up demand yet to be fulfilled, as the market is still below its pre-crisis levels. Passenger car sales fell 11.4% in 2009, rose 4.7% in 2010, and increased 2.4% in 2011. Czech passenger car sales reached their peak in 2008, at 182,554 units. While we expect a recovery in 2014 and beyond, our growth forecast over the 2014-2017 period shows that we do not expect sales to reach their 2008 high in this period.
Meanwhile, the increasing market share of foreign manufacturers in the Czech market suggests imports are also on the rise. New production facilities due to go into operation in neighbouring markets will also create an additional supply available for import into the Czech Republic. A moderation in demand for Skoda vehicles in recent years suggests consumers will continue to turn their focus to foreign brands and maintain import growth.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Production And Sales
- Table: Czech Autos Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Czech Republic Automotive Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Czech Republic Top 15 Key Players - Passenger Cars 2012
- Table: Czech Republic Top 15 Key Players - Passenger Cars 10M13
- Alternative Fuel
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Czech Automotive Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Czech Republic Top 15 Key Players - Light CVs 2012
- Table: Czech Republic Top Key Players - Trucks 2012
- Table: Czech Republic Top Key Players - Buses 2012
- Table: Czech Republic Top 15 Key Players - Light CVs 10M13
- Table: Czech Republic Top 8 Key Players - Trucks 10M13
- Table: Czech Republic Top 5 Key Players - Buses 10M13
- Table: Czech Republic - Economic Activity
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Company Monitor
- Skoda Auto
- Europe Regional Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.