2013-02-03 16:23:57 - New Financial Services market report from Business Monitor International: "Indonesia Insurance Report Q1 2013"
Key Insights And Key Risks
The Indonesia Insurance Report considers the prospects for both life and non-life insurers in the country. As 2012 comes to a close, it remains clear that Indonesia is home to one of the most dynamic and exciting insurance sectors worldwide. A favourable economic environment has combined with growth in the numbers of households who can afford insurance and who understand its benefits - in a country notorious for its vulnerability to natural catastrophes. This is at a time that companies in both major segments are being innovative in terms of their products and the ways in which those products are being distributed. As is the case in other parts of the region, leading players are leveraging
bancassurance relationships and affinity marketing - but are working hard to improve the productivity of networks of agents (be they tied or independent).
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529364_indonesia_insurance_report_q1_2013.as ..
There are not many life insurance markets in the world where the leading life company achieved growth in gross written premiums of over 40% in H112. The growth in the life segment is clearly being boosted by the trust that Indonesian households and businesses are demonstrating in the local subsidiaries of major global/regional groups. Nonetheless, it appears that the larger local life companies are also progressing well by many metrics.
In the non-life segment, the key development over the last few months is that non-life penetration has stopped falling. The growth of domestic demand generally, and in sales of new cars (if not motorcycles) means that premiums have no longer been constrained by the (still considerable) competitive pressures. Looking forward, we expect that major foreign players will drive the consolidation of what is a fragmented marketplace.
Over the last quarter, BMI has made the following changes:
* The company profiles have been comprehensively rewritten and, in many cases, include comments published from August 2012 in relation to operations in H112 and Q312.
* The latest forecasts and projections for Indonesia's economy, along with key aspects such as healthcare spending, have been incorporated.
Report Table of Contents:
- Table: Total Premiums, 2010-2017
- Key Insights And Key Risks
- Indonesia Insurance Industry SWOT
- Indonesia Political SWOT
- Indonesia Economic SWOT
- Indonesia Business Environment SWOT
Life Sector Overview
- Asia Pacific Life Sector Overview
- Table: Asia Pacific Life Premiums, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Indonesia Life Sector Update
Life Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Total Life Premiums, 2010-2017
- Growth Drivers And Risk Management Projections
- Table: Insurance Key Drivers - Demographics, 2010-2017
Non-Life Sector Overview
- Asia Pacific Non-Life Sector Overview
- Table: Asia Pacific's Non-Life Premiums, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Indonesia Non-Life Sector Update
Non-Life Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Total Non-Life Premiums, 2010-2017
- Growth Drivers And Risk Management Projections
- Macroeconomic Outlook
- Table: Indonesia - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Political Stability Outlook
- Table: Asia Pacific Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Insurance Key Drivers, Disease Adjusted Life Years, 2010-2017
- Islamic Finance
Insurance Risk/Reward Rating
- Table: Indonesia's Insurance Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Insurance Risk/Reward Ratings
- Major Players In Indonesia's Insurance Sector
- ACE Group
- AIA Group
- Great Eastern
- Manulife Financial
- Prudential plc
- QBE Insurance Group
- Sun Life Financial
- Syarikat Takaful Malaysia
- Zurich Insurance Group
- Table: Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Rural/Urban Population Split, 1990-2020
- Insurance Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Insurance Risk/Reward Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.