2013-03-21 13:37:44 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Mexico Autos Report Q2 2013"
In 2012, passenger car sales in Mexico increased 9.8%, to 649,333 units. Light commercial vehicle (LCV) sales increased 7.4% over the year, to 338,414 units. For much of the year, we had forecast growth of 8.7% in the passenger car segment, and 9.0% in the LCV segment. After strong growth in the beginning of the year, we believed that passenger car sales would moderate later in 2012, in line with our view of a slight slowdown in private consumption growth. This had a smaller effect than we had anticipated.
After strong growth in the beginning of the year, we believed that private consumption growth would moderate in the second half of the year as consumer credit plateaued and unemployment crept
up. We believed that these factors, combined with elevated inflation, would weigh on consumers' purchasing power, moderating passenger car sales from levels seen earlier in the year.
Full Report Details at
In 2012, light vehicle (passenger car and LCV) production increased 12.8%, to 2,884,869 units. Over the year, vehicle production for export, which constitutes some 83% of the total, increased 15.1% year-on-year, to 2,405,188 units.
There are a number of factors that have informed our bullish outlook on the auto production industry in the country, including comparative weakness in the productive capacity of Mexico's regional competitors, the continued recovery of the US vehicle market, strong domestic sales (as above), positive developments in the domestic supply chain, and Mexico's wage competitiveness.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Mexico Autos Sales By Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Production By Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Trade - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Autos Sector - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Mexico Passenger Car Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Sales By Brand
- Table: Production By Brand
- New Investments
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Mexico Commercial Vehicle Segment - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico Motorcycle Sector - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mexico - GDP Contribution To Growth
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Brazil - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: BMI Risk/Reward Ratings For Autos Industry In Americas
- Daimler Latin America
- Nissan Motor
- Volkswagen (VW)
- Toyota Motor
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Passenger Car Sales, Units, 2012
- Japan To Contract, But US Safe (For Now)
- Europe Over The Worst?
- Even Russia Will Hit The Brakes
- Table: Mexico's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Mexico's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Mexico's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Mexico's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Automobile Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.