2013-10-20 20:51:20 - Fast Market Research recommends "OpportunityAnalyzer: Opioid-Induced Constipation - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017" from GlobalData, now available
The Opioid-Induced Constipation (OIC) is a new and rapidly establishing market currently dominated by OTC laxatives set to undergo substantial growth between 2012 and 2017. The main drivers of growth will be an increase in the diagnosed OIC population. This is fuelled by a relaxation of regulations regarding opioid treatment, particularly in the chronic non-cancer pain population. As a result opioid use has risen sharply in the last 15 years. Concurrently, there has been a rapid increase in patients experiencing OIC, with approximately 40-50% of chronic opioid users reporting symptoms. Traditionally, constipation has been treated with laxatives based on empirical research. However, the efficacy of laxatives to treat OIC is relatively poor and only provides adequate relief for approximately 50%
of patients. Prior to 2008, the OIC market was desolate, with no approved pharmaceutical (non-laxative) treatment for this condition. There is currently a paucity of approved products, with heavy restrictions limiting their use for the majority of OIC sufferers. However, the OIC therapeutic market is set to enter an explosive period of growth over the five-year forecast period. This advance is catalyzed by a major shift in the OIC treatment algorithm with the entry of several highly- targeted, efficacious, orally-formulated drugs. The competitive landscape will continue to evolve over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/705631_opportunityanalyzer_opioidinduced_con ..
* Overview of OIC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines
* Annualized OIC therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast to 2017
* Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the OIC therapeutics market
* Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global OIC therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
* Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global OIC therapeutics market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global OIC therapeutics market in future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Track drug sales in the global OIC therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
3.1.3 Quality of Life
3.2.1 The General Treatment Consensus in the US and EU
4 Potential Patient Population
4.2 General Forecast Methodology
4.3 Region-Specific Forecast Methodology
4.3.1 Opioid Consumption
4.3.2 Number of OIC Cases
4.4 Country-Level Differences in Opioid Consumption
4.5 Potential Patient Population Forecast
4.5.1 Total Number of Cases of Opioid-Induced Constipation
5 Current Treatment Options
5.2 Product Profiles - Major Brands
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
6.2 Unmet Needs Analysis
6.2.1 Lack of Efficacious, Targeted Treatment Options
6.2.2 Reimbursement for Non-Laxative Prescription OIC Therapies
6.2.3 Lack of Cost-Effective Treatment Options
6.2.4 Defined Treatment Guidelines for OIC
6.2.5 Improved Physician Awareness and Diagnosis of OIC
6.2.6 Improved Patient and Physician Awareness of Prescription Drugs Available for the Treatment of OIC
6.2.7 Clinical Data Assessing Laxative Efficacy
6.2.8 Parenteral Formulations of OIC Treatments for Patients in Intensive Care
6.3 Opportunity Analysis
6.3.1 Development of an Efficacious Drug without Adverse Effects or Compromised Analgesia
6.3.2 Label Expansion of Approved Constipation Drugs into OIC
6.3.3 Treatments that Target Other OBD Symptoms
6.3.4 Launch of an Extensive Physician Education Marketing Campaign
7 R&D Strategies
7.1.1 Increased Understanding of Drug Mechanism
7.1.2 Reformulation Strategies
7.1.3 Secondary Indications
7.1.4 Niche Patient Subgroups
7.1.5 Licensing and Alliances
7.2 Clinical Trial Design
7.2.1 Current Clinical Trial Design
7.2.2 Selection of Clinically Relevant Trial Endpoints
7.2.3 Demonstrating the Long-Term Safety of Mu Receptor Antagonists
8 Pipeline Assessment
8.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.