2013-12-10 14:25:00 - Fast Market Research recommends "Poland Defence & Security Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's Poland Defence & Security Report for Q114 examines the country's strategic position in Europe and the wider world. It provides an overview of the contemporary geopolitical challenges currently facing the country, and those that it may face in the future. In addition, the report examines country's current and future defence procurement trends, and details the order of battle across its armed forces. The report aims to provide a clear and concise discussion of these issues, and its general conclusion is that while some restraints may exist regarding Polish defence procurement, broadly speaking the country expects to continue the trend of defence modernisation it commenced at the end of the Cold War, following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752056_poland_defence_security_report_q1_201 ..
In the two decades since the end of the Cold War which concluded with the collapse of both the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union, the country has taken an increasingly active position in international military affairs. As Poland plans to withdraw its combat troops from Afghanistan in the 2014/15 timeframe, in line with NATO's overall goals of ending its military presence there, the country is contemplating its military posture and doctrine to equip it for future conflicts and contingencies, although as this report notes, the country is expected to perform fewer out-of-area deployments in the near future. It seems probable that Poland will expect to play an active role in future international military operations at United Nations, European Union and NATO levels. This is particularly true in terms of Special Forces provision which is one of the country's core competencies.
Over the last quarter BMI has provided has added information regarding:
* Poland's ongoing Ground-Based Air Defence modernisation.
* Plans to purchase Main Battle Tanks from Germany.
* Further consolidation of the Polish defence industry.
* Modernisation of Polish Navy frigates.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Poland Defence SWOT
- Poland Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Poland Defence Expenditure (2010-2017) US$mn
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Poland Defence Trade Balance (USDmn)
- Table: Defence Exports (USDmn)
- Table: Defence Imports (USDmn)
- Economic Analysis
- Real GDP By Expenditure Breakdown
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: Poland - GDP by Expenditure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Regional Security Ratings (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Europe State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Poland Risk Rewards
- Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Domestic Defence Industries
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- WSK PZL Mielec
- WSK PZL Rzeszow
- Europe Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.