2013-02-01 01:57:17 - Fast Market Research recommends "Serbia Information Technology Report 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI at around US$681mn, up from US$646mn in 2012. BMI expects a market CAGR of 8% for 2013- 2017 as the country's new status as an EU Candidate Country fuels a new wave of ICT investment, despite the difficult economic context. Trading conditions will remain challenging for IT vendors, with fiscal pressures and modest private consumption and investment growth projected. However, on the path to EU entry, an environment of privatisation deals and investment in modernisation is likely to drive growth.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$441mn in 2012 to US$461mn in 2013, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors but tablet sales should provide a growth area as prices fall.
US$74mn in 2012 to US$80mn in 2013, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors, but the SME market for EAS software represents an opportunity.
IT services sales: US$362mn in 2012 to US$382mn in 2013, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors, but EU Candidate status should drive IT services spending, particularly from government.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529476_serbia_information_technology_report_ ..
Risk/Reward Ratings: Serbia's score was 43.6 out of 100.0. Serbia is ahead of Bulgaria, but behind regional peers Croatia, Slovenia and Romania.
Key Trends & Developments
* The country's new status as an EU Candidate Country should fuel a new wave of ICT investment, despite the difficult economic context. In 2012, despite the difficult fiscal environment, major modernisation projects with IT dimensions were being implemented with EU support. Among high-profile initiatives was a tender to provide elementary schools in Serbia with a new IT infrastructure. The Serbian government has an e-government agenda, although progress has been slow due partly to low computer penetration in the population.
* The development of a modern healthcare system in Serbia is another area likely to provide opportunities for IT vendors. The Serbia Health project, which has received World Bank funding, is designed to drive improvements in hospital care and increase efficiency of delivery. The government's target is to roll out electronic patient records and connect all health care establishments by 2015.
* SMEs are one sector with strong potential to drive Serbian enterprise application spending over the next several years. SMEs will be an important target for vendors due to the low level of informatisation, which is now a policy focus of the government. Most SMEs have local computer networks, but are still in a developmental phase in terms of IT infrastructure, representing a big potential market for basic ERP and ERM applications.
Report Table of Contents:
- Serbia IT Sector SWOT
- Serbia Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Serbia Political SWOT
- Serbia Economic SWOT
- Serbia Business Environment SWOT
Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
Europe IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Market Growth And Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: Serbia IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated), 2009-2017
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- IT Services
- Microsoft Corporation
- Table: Serbia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Serbia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Serbia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Serbia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.