2013-03-16 12:17:52 - Recently published research from Timetric, "The Insurance Industry in Cote d'Ivoire, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Cote d'Ivoire (sometimes anglicized as Ivory Coast) has a small insurance industry, encompassing a population of around 23.4 million. Given its size, the insurance industry is highly competitive and fragmented with 29 companies having a presence. GDP at constant prices in Cote d'Ivoire fell by 4.7% in 2011 due to post-electoral violence. This had an adverse affect on the insurance industry, and growth in the life and non-life segments slowed in 2011. The IMF and the World Bank approved debt relief with a present value of US$4.4 billion for Cote d'Ivoire in 2012 which, combined with other debt relief, makes a total fund of US$7.7 billion. This fund is expected to enhance the country's business environment. The global financial crisis
had an indirect effect on the Ivoirian insurance industry, as the country's economy is largely dependent on commodity exports. As a result, written premiums in marine, aviation and transit insurance fell by 21.8% in 2009 over the previous year.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/553792_the_insurance_industry_in_cote_divoir ..
* Insurance penetration as a percentage of GDP in Cote d'Ivoire is very low in comparison with developed countries.
* The Ivoirian insurance industry comprises both domestic and foreign insurance companies.
* Foreign direct investment is allowed, and global insurer Allianz has been active in Cote d'Ivoire since 1976.
* The distribution of insurance products through bancassurance is rising in Cote d'Ivoire.
* The rising population in Cote d'Ivoire spurred demand for all types of life insurance products during the review period, and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
* Demand for life products in general is largely dependent on a country's population and its growth.
* Poverty has been the main obstacle to growth for the Ivoirian insurance industry, particularly in rural areas.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Cote d'Ivoire:
* It provides historical values for the Ivoirian insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Ivoirian insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Cote d'Ivoire and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Ivoirian insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Ivoirian insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Ivoirian insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Ivoirian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Colina SA, Colina Vie, Union des Assurances de Cote d'Ivoire Vie, Nouvelle Societe Interafricaine D'assurances, NSIA Vie Cote d'Ivoire
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Ivoirian Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Ivoirian Insurance Industry
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.1.1 Individual life insurance
4.1.2 Individual marriage and birth insurance
4.1.3 Group life insurance
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance
4.2.2 Motor insurance
4.2.3 Liability insurance
4.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects
4.4 Reinsurance Segment size by Insurance Type, 2008-2017
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 Colina SA - company overview
5.2.2 Colina Vie - company overview
5.2.3 Union des Assurances de Cote d'Ivoire Vie - Company overview
5.2.4 Nouvelle Societe Interafricaine D'assurances - company overview
5.2.5 NSIA Vie Cote d'Ivoire - company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US Dollars)
6.2 GDP Per Capita at Current Prices (US Dollars)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US Dollars)
6.4 Inflation Rate (%)
6.5 Health Expenditure Per Capita
6.6 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.7 Imports as a Percentage of GDP
6.8 Labor Force
6.9 Total Population
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP
7.2 Contact Us
7.3 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Ivoirian Insurance - Overall Written Premium by Segment (XOF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 3: Ivoirian Insurance - Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Billion), 2008-2012
Table 4: Ivoirian Insurance - Overall Written Premium by Segment (XOF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 5: Ivoirian Insurance - Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Billion), 2012-2017
Table 6: Ivoirian Insurance - Segmentation 2008-2017
Table 7: Ivoirian Life Insurance - Written Premium by Category (XOF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 8: Ivoirian Life Insurance - Written Premium by Category (US$ Billion), 2008-2012
Table 9: Ivoirian Life Insurance - Written Premium by Category (XOF Billion), 2012-2017
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.