2013-09-30 17:29:07 - New Consumer Goods research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
India's real GDP growth fell to a 10-year low of 5.1% in 2012-2013 from 6.2% in 2011-2012, primarily due to declining investment, elevated inflation, high interest rates and sluggish external demand.
* Inbound tourism in India recovered after a brief decline due to the financial downturn in 2009, and domestic and outbound tourism registered healthy growth during the review period. Tourism has a significant impact on the country's economy: according to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), tourism contributed 6.6% to the country's GDP in 2012 and accounted for 7.7% of total employment. India is continually developing its infrastructure, with improvements in both air and ground transport.
* The number of hotel establishments in India rose from 2,520
in 2010 to 2,697 in 2012, and is expected to reach 3,675 by the end of the forecast period. India has the second-largest construction pipeline of hotels in Asia after China, with the Indian government providing support by allowing 100% foreign investment under the automatic route in the hotel and tourism-related industry.
* A major concern for the tourism sector is the lack of security faced by domestic tourists, with reported cases of physical assault, robbery and sexual harassment. These kinds of incidents damage the potential for tourism growth.
* The government of India has undertaken various promotional initiatives to achieve growth in inbound tourist flows to the country. Advertising campaigns such as 'Incredible India' promote Indian culture and history.
* The AAI is undertaking the construction of a new terminal at Chandigarh International Airport. The project involves the construction of a new terminal with the annual capacity to handle 1.5 million passengers. It includes the construction of check-in halls, a ticket area, security screening areas, a baggage claim room, walkways, taxiways and other related facilities. The project will have three two-deck terminal buildings, with departures from the upper level and arrivals at the ground level. Construction works are currently underway and the project is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2014 at an estimated value of US$80 million.
* The Gandhinagar Five-Star Hotels project involves the construction of two five-star hotels and a club under the Gujarat International Finance Tech City (GIFT) project. The project will be developed in two phases and will comprise 700 guest rooms. The first hotel will be developed with 300 guest rooms in phase I and is expected to be completed by 2013, while the second hotel in phase II will feature 400 guest rooms and is expected to be completed by 2015. The estimated project cost is US$220 million.
* To fortify their positions in the market, car rental companies typically use promotional tools such as deals and discounts, value-added services and internet marketing. They also use technology such as satellite navigation/GPS and digital meters with credit/debit card swipe machines to attract customers. Avis provides Jet Privilege members with special offers so that they can save up to 25% on services in India.
* The online travel intermediaries market is still in a developmental stage. However, its revenue growth indicates that it is a rising market and one that could potentially dominate the industry in years to come.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/688995_travel_and_tourism_in_india_to_2017.a ..
This report provides an extensive analysis related to tourism demands and flows in India:
* It details historical values for the Indian tourism sector for 2008-2012, along with forecast figures for 2013-2017
* It provides comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
* The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in India
* It provides employment and salary trends for various categories of the travel and tourism sector
* It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
Reasons to Get this Report
* Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Indian travel and tourism sector
* Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Indian travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
* Identify the spending patterns of domestic, inbound and outbound tourists by individual categories
* Analyze key employment and compensation data related to the travel and tourism sector in India
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Jet Airways (India) Limited, SpiceJet Limited, Air India Ltd., IndiGo Airlines Pvt. Ltd, Go Airlines (India) Ltd., The Indian Hotels Company Limited, EIH Limited, Hotel Leela Venture Limited, Oriental Hotels Ltd., ITC Hotels, MakeMyTrip Limited, Thomas Cook (India) Limited, Yatra Online Private Limited, Cox & Kings Limited, Travel Corporation (India) Limited, Carzonrent India Pvt., Ltd, Sixt Rent a Car India, Avis India, My Taxi India, Car Rental 2 India
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.