2013-02-15 11:54:08 - Recently published research from Datamonitor, "Whey Protein Market Opportunities", is now available at Fast Market Research
This report examines how advances in science and manufacturing have led to the development of new whey protein concentrates and isolates with novel functional properties that can be incorporated into a broader range of food and drink products. The content examines recent innovation, reviews clinical evidence, and provides recommendations regarding future market opportunities.
Scope of this Report
* Use opinion from leading whey protein ingredient manufacturers to identify future opportunity.
* Assess the clinical evidence being used to support the use of whey protein in weight management, muscle synthesis, and cardiovascular disease.
* Identify novel ingredients and the strategies being employed to move whey protein beyond the sports nutrition market.
* Use market data and product example information to understand the
size of the whey protein opportunity.
* Evaluate new product launches and market trends in geographical regions and market segments.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/538260_whey_protein_market_opportunities.asp ..
During the last five years there has been a trend towards the use of high quality, high concentrate whey protein ingredients by food and drinks manufacturers to help improve texture, taste and replace fat as well as increase protein content of finished foods. Since 2007, over 3,300 relevant products have been recorded in Product Launch Analytics.
The whey protein market continues to expand, particularly in Asia Pacific where demand often outstrips supply. Whey protein manufacturers are constantly looking at new ways to improve the efficiency of production of cheese-derived whey proteins as well as looking at new ways to produce them directly from milk.
Advances in filtration technologies are enabling ingredient manufacturers to isolate different proteins such as lactoferrin, alpha lactalbumin, and glycomacropeptide in whey proteins. These ingredients are of value to infant formula manufacturers and may also have important implications in clinical nutrition and the development of medical foods.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Where are whey proteins currently being utilized by the food and drinks industry and what are the new growth areas?
* Who are the leading whey protein ingredient manufacturers and what ingredients have they developed?
* What is the size of the whey protein market and how has the manufacture of high concentrate whey proteins changed during the last few years?
* Will advances in “milk cracking” impact the future of whey protein production and utilization?
* How can manufacturers take advantage of future opportunities in whey protein?
Partial Table of Contents:
About the author
* Dr Cheryl L Barton
* Key areas of innovation
* Clinical trials landscape
* Current market and future opportunities
* What are whey proteins and why are they of interest?
* Functional properties of whey proteins
* Whey protein formulations
* About this report
Key areas of innovation
* Innovation opportunities
* Heat stable whey proteins
* Amino-acid-enriched whey protein isolates
* Clear whey proteins
* High protein, low viscose solutions
* New product development
* Regional analysis
* Category analysis
Clinical trials landscape
* Clinical trials with whey proteins
* Clinical evidence: whey proteins in weight management
* Prolibra (Glanbia Nutritionals)
* Isolac and Optipep (Carbery)
* Conclusions on weight management
* Clinical evidence: whey proteins in muscle synthesis
* Immunocal (Immunotec)
* Clinical evidence: whey proteins in cardiovascular diseases
* BioZate (Davisco Foods)
* NOP-47 and Actinos (Glanbia Nutritionals)
* Clinical evidence: other therapy areas
Current market and future opportunities
* The whey protein market
* The US
* Future opportunities
* New opportunities in infant, clinical, and medical nutrition
* New WP ingredients to expand product ranges
* Functional benefits to drive future product developments
* Consumer acceptance expands market opportunities
* Secondary research
* Chapter 3
* Chapter 4
* Table: Functional properties of whey proteins
* Table: Examples of whey protein formulations
* Table: Clinical trials evaluating whey proteins by therapy area, 2006–12
* Table: US export revenues of dry whey proteins by region, 2007–12
* Table: US export revenues of whey protein concentrates by region, 2007–12
* Table: EU production whey protein powder (MT, 000s), 2007–12
* Figure: Whey-protein-enhanced product launches by region, 2007–12
* Figure: Whey protein enhanced product launches in Asia Pacific, 2007–12
* Figure: Whey protein enhanced product launches in South America, 2007–12
* Figure: WP-enhanced product launches by market segment, 2007–12
* Figure: Recently launched WP-enriched cereals and bakery products, 2012
* Figure: Recently launched WP-enriched dairy foods, 2012
* Figure: Recently launched WP-enriched hot drinks, 2012
* Figure: Recently launched WP-enriched ice-creams, 2012
* Figure: Clinical trials evaluating whey proteins, 2006–12
* Figure: US whey protein exports, 2008–12
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.