2013-12-26 00:29:07 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Costa Rica Tourism Report Q1 2014"
The Costa Rica tourism report examines the significant long-term potential in the local tourism industry. It raises concerns about the proliferation of drug-trafficking throughout Central America, which poses a challenge to Costa Rican authorities and could deter tourism to the region. We also analyse the growth strategies being employed by the country to continue to attract arrivals, including airport and port expansions, as well as continued efforts to remain an eco-tourism destination.
A report from the Costa Rica Tourism Institute is forecasting strong growth in the country's hotel sector over the next two years. The Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (ICT) is targeting 1, 309 new rooms to be added by November 2014. The institute noted that seven major hotel projects are
currently under way in Costa Rica, which the ICT views as a positive signal of strong interest in the sector and growing competition. A particular sub-sector that is showing positive signs of growth is the vacation rentals sector, which is expanding well along the Pacific coast, especially around Guanacaste.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754507_costa_rica_tourism_report_q1_2014.asp ..
Another factor that is boosting arrivals to Costa Rica is its growing popularity as a location for honeymoons or destination weddings. Costa Rica is well known as an eco-destination but its good transport links and plethora of high-end hotels are making it increasingly popular, especially with tourists from North America. Increasing flight routes to Costa Rica are also helping to boost arrivals, with United Airlines launching non-stop flights between Chicago and Washington-Dulles to San Jose in mid-2013
Key forecasts for Costa Rica's tourism industry:
* BMI has raised its forecast for tourist arrivals from North America in 2013, with 1.1mn visitors forecast for 2013. This is then set to increase steadily to 1.4mn by 2016.
* BMI has raised its forecast for outbound air transport passengers over the forecast period, targeting a total of 2.04mn passengers by 2017, up from 1.9mn in 2012.
* BMI is forecasting arrivals growth of 1.0% in 2013, to 2.37mn. Outbound tourist departures are forecast to grow at a higher rate of 2.13%, taking outbound tourists to 345,160.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Costa Rica's Inbound Tourist Arrivals, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Inbound Tourism, Top 10 Markets By Arrivals, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Outbound Tourism - Top 10 Destinations, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Costa Rica's International Tourism Receipts, 2010-2017
- Table: Travel Methods - Air Transport, 2010-2017
- Table: Domestic Hotels And Restaurants Industry Value, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Security Ratings
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence In Costa Rica
- Grupo Barcelo
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Overnight Stays And Average Length Of Stay, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotel Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2012-2018
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2012-2015 (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2013 And 2014 (%)
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Costa Rica's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Costa Rica's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Costa Rica's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Costa Rica's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.