2013-10-30 11:33:32 - Fast Market Research recommends "EpiCast Report: Gram-Negative Bacterial Pneumonia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022" from GlobalData, now available
Pneumonia is one of the most common infectious diseases and is caused by infectious agents such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Pneumonia is an acute respiratory infection that inflames the alveoli (air sacs) in the lungs through fluid or pus. The inflamed alveoli causes limited oxygen intake in the lungs and breathing difficulties for individuals, manifesting in symptoms of coughing, chest pain, and fever. Pneumonia is a major public health concern in both developed and developing countries.
Chronic diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and heart disease increase the risk of developing pneumonia. Elderly patients (65 years and older) have twice the incidence of hospital-acquired pneumonia compared with the adult population. Additionally, tobacco smoking has been identified as a
cause of pneumonia.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/711486_epicast_report_gramnegative_bacterial ..
In 2012, the 6MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) had 4,184,449 incident cases of CAP, with 82% of that occurring in the US. By 2022, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast there will be 4,670,664 incident cases of CAP in the 6MM. In Japan, there were 40,043 cases of CAP and HAP with an annual growth rate (AGR) of 3.78%.
These 7MM are important markets for CAP and HAP during the next 10 years because these countries have a growing older population. Pneumonia incidence differs between countries, possibly due to socioeconomic factors, differences in infectious disease reporting, and heterogeneity of diagnostics. From a public health perspective, effective prevention and treatment measures should be in place to avoid disease transmission and reduce the incidence of pneumonia.
* The Gram-Negative Bacterial Pneumonia EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and epidemiological trends for pneumonia, with a focus on gram-negative bacteria, in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of incident cases of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) segmented by sex and age (in five-year increments beginning at 0 years and ending at =85 years), incident cases of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), and incident cases of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). Incident HAP cases are further segmented by causative pathogens (Acinetobacter, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, and Pseudomonas) and antibiotic resistance in these markets.
* The gram-negative bacterial pneumonia epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
* The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global pneumonia market.
* Quantify patient populations in the global pneumonia market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
* Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for pneumonia therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Reports
3.1 Disease Background
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
3.2.1 Chronic Diseases Increase the Risk of Developing Pneumonia
3.2.2 Immunosuppressive Diseases Increase Risk of Pneumonia and Heightens Mortality
3.2.3 Adults are Less at Risk for HAP Compared with Elderly Patients and Children
3.2.4 Current Smokers Have 1.88 Greater Odds of Developing CAP
3.3 Forecast Methodology
3.3.1 Sources Used
3.3.2 Sources Not Used
3.3.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
3.4 Epidemiological Forecast of Pneumonia (2012-2022)
3.5.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
3.5.2 Limitations of the Analysis
3.5.3 Strengths of the Analysis
4.2 About the Authors
4.2.3 Global Director of Epidemiology and Health Policy
4.2.4 Global Head of Healthcare
4.3 About GlobalData
4.4 About EpiCast
List of Tables
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Risk Factors and Comorbidities for Pneumonia
Table 2: Sources of CAP Incidence Data Used in the Epidemiology Forecast
Table 3: US, Incident Cases of Pneumonia by Site of Acquisition, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, 2012-2022
Table 4: US, Incident Cases of CAP, N, by Age, Sex, N (Row %), 2012
Table 5: US, Incident Cases of Gram-Negative Bacterial Pneumonia, by Pathogen and Site of Acquisition, All Ages, Both Sexes, N (Pathogen-Specific %), 2012
Table 6: US, Incident Cases of Gram-Negative Bacterial Pneumonia, by Pathogen and Multidrug and Carbapenem Resistance, N (Antibiotic-Resistant Pathogen-Specific %), 2012
Table 7: 5EU, Incident Cases of CAP, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, Select Years, 2012-2022
Table 8: 5EU, Incident Cases of CAP, Both Sexes, by Age, N (Row %), 2012
Table 9: 5EU, Incident Cases of CAP, All Ages, by Sex, N (Row %), 2012
Table 10: 5EU, Incident Cases of HAP, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, Select Years, 2012-2022
Table 11: 5EU, Incident Cases of VAP, All Ages, Both Sexes, N, Select Years, 2012-2022
Table 12: 5EU, Incident Cases of Gram-Negative Bacterial CAP, by Pathogen, N (Pathogen-Specific %), 2012
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.