2012-10-10 10:01:57 - New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "Non-Life Insurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
The growth in the South Korean non-life insurance segment was primarily driven by the growing industrial and commercial construction markets, rising automobile sales and positive economic outlook in the country. Growth in the market over the forecast period will be driven by the development of large-scale transport and other infrastructure projects undertaken by the South Korean government, rising consumer awareness about the benefits of non-life insurance products and expansion of distribution channels across the country.
* The growth of the non-life insurance segment will be primarily driven by sales of motor and property insurance.
* The written premium for motor insurance is expected to increase over the forecast period, primarily due to an increase in automobile sales and new
car registrations as a result of the strong economic recovery.
* Furthermore, the growth in the property insurance category, the second largest category in the non-life insurance segment, is expected to be driven by several major construction and infrastructure projects due to be carried out in the country over the forecast period.
* Over the forecast period, agencies are expected to continue to be the dominant distribution channel, as non-life insurance companies continue to develop qualified teams of insurance professionals and agents.
* Numerous changes in the South Korean regulatory environment took place in the past decade, primarily to increase insurance companies' accountability and policy compliance with international standards.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/468298_nonlife_insurance_in_south_korea_key_ ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in South Korea:
* It provides historical values for South Korea's non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in South Korea's non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in South Korea
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in South Korea for the non-life insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in South Korea and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in South Korea and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the South Korean non-life insurance market and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the South Korean non-life insurance market
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the South Korean insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Samsung Fire and Marine, Hyundai Marine and Fire, Dongbu Insurance, LIG Insurance, Meritz Fire and Marine Insurance, Hanwha Non-Life Insurance, Heugkuk Fire and Marine Insurance, Lotte Non-Life Insurance, Green Non-Life Insurance
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 South Korean Insurance Industry Attractiveness
3.1 Insurance Industry Market Size, 2007-2016
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
3.2.1 Business drivers
3.2.2 Consumer drivers
3.3 Recent Market Developments
4 Non-Life Insurance Segment Outlook
4.1 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2 Property Insurance Category
4.2.1 Fire and allied perils insurance sub-category
4.2.2 Engineering insurance sub-category
4.2.3 Agriculture insurance sub-category
4.2.4 Other property sub-category
4.3 Motor Insurance Category
4.3.1 Motor hull sub-category
4.3.2 Motor third-party sub-category
4.4 General Third-Party Category
4.5 Marine, Aviation and Transit Category
4.5.1 Marine sub-category
4.5.2 Marine hull sub-category
4.5.3 Marine third-party sub-category
4.5.4 Aviation sub-category
4.5.5 Transit sub-category
5 Analysis by Distribution Channels
5.1 Direct Marketing Channel
5.2 Bancassurance Channel
5.3 Agencies Channel
5.4 E-Commerce Channel
5.5 Brokers Channel
5.6 Other Channels
6 Regulatory Policies
7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - South Korean Non-Life Insurance
7.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: Medium to High
7.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer: Low to Medium
7.3 Barriers to Entry: Medium
7.4 Intensity of Rivalry: High
7.5 Threat of Substitutes: Low
8 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
8.1 Reinsurance market size, 2007-2016
8.2 Reinsurance market size by type of insurance, 2007-2016
9 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
9.2 Leading Companies in the South Korean Non-Life Insurance Segment
9.3 Comparison of Top Five Insurers
9.3.1 Gross written premium
9.3.2 Outwards reinsurance expense
9.3.3 Net earned premiums
9.3.4 Paid claims
9.3.5 Pre-tax profit/loss
9.3.6 Total assets
9.3.7 Total investment income
9.4 Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd - Company Overview
9.4.1 Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd - key facts
9.4.2 Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd - key financials
9.5 Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd - Company Overview
9.5.1 Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd - key facts
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.