2013-02-22 14:10:08 - New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: The Ukrainian mobile market recorded strong growth in the first three quarters of 2012, marking the sixth consecutive quarter of net additions. However, we retain the view that the trend is unsustainable in the medium term considering market saturation. Also adding to the market's unpredictability is the likelihood of significant subscriber losses from the potential discounting of inactive SIMs.
* We have extended our forecast scenarios for Ukraine's mobile, fixed-line and internet sectors as well as operators' ARPUs to 2017.
* Ukraine's mobile market is expected to expand by 3% in 2013, down from the strong 7% in 2012, due to market saturation and the possibility of inactive subscription deduction.
* Forecasts for the number of individuals
accessing the internet have been adjusted due to changes in data provided by the International Telecommunication Union. We envisage 22mn internet users in Ukraine in 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/536582_ukraine_telecommunications_report_q1_ ..
Ukraine is in 16th position of BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings table this quarter with a telecoms rating score of 42.8. While we have adopted a modified methodology to better reflect changes in the telecoms market, Ukraine continues to score below the regional average in all four of our ratings categories due to a combination of regulatory, industry-specific and macroeconomic factors. These include a fast saturating mobile market, lack of competition in the 3G market, low ARPUs, limited regulatory independence and expected slowdown in economic growth.
Astelit announced in November 2012 plans to roll out a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A 3.5G mobile broadband network, offering coverage to cities throughout the country in 2013. The operator will launch the network by making use of the 800MHz CDMA licences. Astelit has already introduced a tender to choose contractors to construct the CDMA network, said the firm's CEO, Oleksandr Barinov. The proposed CDMA network is aimed at solely offering services to data modem users. Additionally, the new CDMA service will be focused on taking the strain of high-speed data demand from laptop users. Meanwhile, MTS Ukraine completed DWDM technology upgrades on its transmission network. It increased the capacity of the network at border crossings with international partners, while improving network speeds to 100Gbps at nodes covering Kharkiv, Donetsk, Simferopol and Dunaevcy. The upgrades also support mobile 3G and 4G evolutions to facilitate the introduction of these services in future.
In October 2012, the Ukrainian telecoms watchdog permitted a number of CDMA 800MHz wireless network operating licence holders to refarm their respective frequency allocations. Permission was granted to local operators Astelit, Intertelecom, ITC and Ukrainian Wave. The move allows them to more easily offer nationwide services and to assist in the development of future advanced services in the spectrum band.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Ukraine Telecoms Sector - Mobile Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts (UAH)
- Table: Ukraine Telecoms Sector - Fixed-Line Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Ukraine Telecoms Sector - Internet Historical Data And Forecasts
Industry Business Environment Overview
- CEE Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
- Market Data Analysis
- Table: Ukraine Mobile Market Regional Comparison, 2011
- Table: Ukrainian Mobile Market, Q312
- Table: Mobile Contract Wins
- Mobile Operators
- Table: Ukraine Mobile Market Overview
- Table: MTS
- Table: VimpelCom
- Table: Astelit
- Country Outlook
- Data Continues To Grow Even As 3G Licensing Delays Continue
- Data Growth Picking Up
- SMS Banking And Money Payment Services
- Table: Value-Added Services Timeline
- Mobile Regional Content
- Data Heavy Content Places Networks In Spotlight
- Table: Ukrtelecom Revenue From Sale Of Telecommunications Services (UAHmn)
- Table: Wireline Developments, 2008-2012
Industry Trends & Developments
- Industry Trends & Developments
- Table: Regulatory Body Responsibilities
- Table: Key Players - Ukraine Telecoms Market
- Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators, 2007-2011
- Vimpelcom (Kyivstar)
- MTS Ukraine
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla
- Business Divisions
- Table: Revenue By Business Segment (HRK '000)
- Financial Performance
- Geographical Performance
- Table: Revenue By Geography (HRKmn)
- Domestic Market
- Export Markets
- Ericsson Market
- Table: Key Contracts, 2011-2012
- Table: Ukraine's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Ukraine's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.