Reinsurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017 - New Market Research Report
New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Reinsurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-28 12:23:05
Canadian reinsurance providers recorded negative premium growth during the review period, as a result of low premium growth registered by Canadian insurers which forced them to cut their reinsurance expenses, a low reinsurance-ceding trend, and weak economic development. Written premium in the Canadian reinsurance segment fell from CAD32.8 billion (US$30.7 billion) in 2008 to CAD26.2 billion (US$26.2 billion) in 2012, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -5.5% during the review period (2008-2012).
* Canadian reinsurance providers recorded negative premium growth during the review period, as a result of a low reinsurance-ceding trend, weak economic development, and low premium growth registered by Canadian insurers which forced them to cut their reinsurance expenses.
* The retention of risk among Canadian insurance providers was high.
* The Reinsurance (Canadian Companies) Regulations and Reinsurance (Foreign Companies) Regulations, which stated that insurance companies cannot cede more than 75% of their gross premiums in total and 25% of their gross premiums to unregistered reinsurers, was repealed by the OFSI, providing insurers with the flexibility to structure operations and compete globally.
* While the Canadian reinsurance segment is expected to register positive growth at a CAGR of 1.0% over the forecast period, it will be limited by the low interest rate environment and weak economic development.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/775761_reinsurance_in_canada_key_trends_and. ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Canada:
* It provides historical values for Canada's reinsurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Canada's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Canada and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Canadian reinsurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Canadian reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Canadian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Munich Reinsurance Company, Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd (Life Branch), RGA Life Reinsurance Company of Canada, Employers Reassurance Corporation, Partner Reinsurance Europe SE, Axis Reinsurance Company (Canadian Branch)
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Canadian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
3.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
4 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
4.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
4.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
5 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
5.1 Fundamental Business Drivers
5.2 Life Insurance Segment Drivers
5.3 Non-Life Insurance Segment Drivers
5.4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Drivers
6 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
6.2 Leading Companies in the Canadian Reinsurance Segment
6.3 Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada - Company Overview
6.3.1 Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada - key facts
6.3.2 Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada - key financials
6.4 Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd - Company Overview
6.4.1 Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd - key facts
6.4.2 Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd - key financials
6.5 RGA Life Reinsurance Company of Canada - Company Overview
6.5.1 RGA Life Reinsurance Company of Canada - key facts
6.5.2 RGA Life Reinsurance Company of Canada - key financials
7 Business Environment and Country Risk
7.1 Business Confidence
7.1.1 Market capitalization trend - Canadian Stock Exchange, Canada
7.2 Economic Performance
7.2.1 GDP at constant prices (US$)
7.2.2 GDP per capita at constant prices (US$)
7.2.3 GDP at current prices (US$)
7.2.4 GDP per capita at current prices (US$)
7.2.5 GDP by key segments
7.2.6 Agriculture, hunting, forestry and fishing net output at current prices (US$)
7.2.7 Agriculture, hunting, forestry and fishing net output at current prices as a percentage of GDP
7.2.8 Manufacturing net output at current prices (US$)
7.2.9 Manufacturing net output at current prices as a percentage of GDP
7.2.10 Mining, manufacturing and utilities at current prices (US$)
7.2.11 Mining, manufacturing and utilities at current prices as a percentage of GDP
7.2.12 Construction net output at current prices (US$)
7.2.13 Construction net output at current prices as a percentage of GDP
7.2.14 Inflation rate
7.2.15 Exports as a percentage of GDP
7.2.16 Imports as a percentage of GDP
7.2.17 Exports growth
7.2.18 Imports growth
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.