2013-12-08 14:57:52 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The Chile tourism report examines the strong long-term potential currently being offered by the local tourism industry, bolstered by continuing strong levels of government support, but cautions that growth in tourist arrivals may moderate slightly from 2013 onwards, as tourists to Latin America may choose to travel to Brazil instead, given that it is hosting the football World Cup in 2014 and then the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by some of the leading players in the Chilean accommodation sector, as they seek to maximise the tremendous growth opportunities being offered by the local market at the present time.
Preliminary figures from Sernatur (the Ministry of Tourism)
indicate that tourist arrivals in the first nine months of the year totalled 2.59mn. This represents a slight year-on-year decline, with arrivals having fallen by 1.0% from the same period in 2012. This is likely to reflect slower arrivals from neighbouring Argentina, since the economic crisis in that country has worsened. Arrivals from Argentina fell by 3.3% y-o-y over the first nine months of the year. We expect overall arrivals to Chile to pick up in the last quarter of the year, as Chile heads into its traditional high season during the summer months.
Full Report Details at
Chile's upcoming presidential and legislative elections in November 2013 are unlikely to affect the tourism industry. All presidential candidates are in consensus about the importance of the tourism sector to Chile's economy and are unlikely to introduce any major policy changes. Indeed, leading candidate, Michelle Bachelet, who served as president between 2006 and 2010, is likely to continue the policy of promoting Chile's tourism and funding infrastructure development. The elections themselves are unlikely to be accompanied by any upsurge in protest activity that could deter tourists from visiting.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts and views:
* BMI has revised up its forecasts for air transport passengers, projecting the total to rise to 17.81 passengers by 2017, indicating considerable value in the sector.
* Hotel industry value is forecast to grow minimally in 2013 and 2014, by 0.76% and 0.98%, but will pick up strongly in 2015, growing by 8.63% to total US$4.69bn. We believe this demonstrates the positive long-term fundamentals of Chile's accommodation industry.
* Arrivals from Latin America will slow in 2013, albeit to a still healthy 7.06% from an impressive 16.5% in 2012. This more moderate growth will impact on overall arrivals growth, which we forecast will reach 7.0% in 2013.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Chile Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017 ('000)
- Table: Chile Inbound Tourism, Top 10 Markets by Arrivals, 2010-2017f, ('000)
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Chile Outbound Tourism Departures, 2010-2017
- Table: Chile Outbound Tourism Departures by Country, 2010-2017, ('000)
- Table: Chile International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: Chile Methods of Tourism Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: Chile Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
- Table: Chile: Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Tourism Risk Reward ratings
- Limits of Potential Returns
- Risk to Realisation of Returns
- Security Risks
- Table: Latin America Security Ratings
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in Chile
- Table: Chile Transport Infrastructure Projects
- Panamericana Hoteles
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Overnight Stays And Average Length Of Stay, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotel Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2012-2018
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2012-2015 (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2013 And 2014 (%)
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Chile's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Chile's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Chile's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Chile's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.