2013-12-10 12:49:39 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "EpiCast Report: Diabetic Retinopathy - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022", is now available at Fast Market Research
Diabetic retinopathy is the principal cause of vision impairment in working-age adults throughout the world. A common microvascular complication of diabetes, diabetic retinopathy affects a third of diagnosed diabetics (Cheung et al., 2010). Clinically defined as an eye disease damaging the small blood vessels in the retina, diabetic retinopathy results from chronically high blood glucose levels in people with poorly-managed diabetes (Cheung et al., 2010; Fong et al., 2004; Kawasaki et al., 2011; Rubino et al., 2007).
According to the epidemiological literature, the duration of diabetes, hyperglycemia, hypertension, and dyslipidemia are all risk factors for the disease. Additionally, diabetic retinopathy has a comorbid relationship with various cardiovascular diseases. However, the causal pathway of this relationship has yet to be determined (Fong
et al., 2004; Kawasaki et al., 2011; Klein et al., 2002).
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752891_epicast_report_diabetic_retinopathy_e ..
According to GlobalData's forecast, the 7MM had 4,889,171 prevalent cases of diabetic retinopathy in 2012. The prevalent cases in the 7MM are expected to increase to 7,176,537 cases by 2022, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 4.68%. Japan had the largest proportion of prevalent cases in 2012 (61.21%, or 2,992,840 cases) of all the markets covered in this analysis.
* The diabetic retinopathy EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and epidemiological trends for diabetic reitnopathy in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the diagnosed prevalent cases of diabetic retinopathy in the diagnosed diabetic population segmented by age, (over 40 years of age) and sex. The diagnosed prevalent cases are then further segmented by the grade of diabetic retinopathy (vision-threatening diabetic retinopathy [VTDR] and diabetic macular edema [DME]).
* The diabetic retinopathy epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
* The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global diabetic retinopathy market.
* Quantify patient populations in the global diabetic retinopathy market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
* Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for diabetic retinopathy therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Report Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Upcoming Reports
3.1 Disease Background
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
3.3 Global Trends
3.4 Epidemiological Forecast for Diabetic Retinopathy (2012-2022)
3.4.1 Forecast Methodology
3.4.2 Sources Used
3.4.3 Sources Not Used
3.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetes
3.4.5 Forecast Assumptions and Methods - Diabetic Retinopathy
3.5 Epidemiology Forecast for Diabetic Retinopathy (2012-2022)
3.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy
3.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy by Age
3.5.3 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy by Sex
3.5.4 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy, Severity Grades in the 5EU
3.6.1 Conclusions on Epidemiological Trends
3.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis
3.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis
4.2 About the Authors
4.2.3 Global Director of Epidemiology and Health Policy
4.2.4 Global Head of Healthcare
4.3 About GlobalData
4.4 About EpiCast
List of Tables
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: International Clinical Diabetic Retinopathy Disease Severity Scale and ETDRS Severity
Table 2: Summary of the Reported Prevalence Rates of Diabetic Retinopathy Across the 5EU
Table 3: 7MM, Sources for Diagnosed Diabetic Retinopathy Prevalence
Table 4: 7MM, Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N (%), Select Years, 2012-2022
Table 5: 7MM, Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N (Row %), 2012
Table 6: 7MM, Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N (Row %), 2012
List of Figures
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: 7MM, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, Both Sexes, Ages ≥ 40 Years, N, 2012-2022
Figure 2: 7MM, Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N, 2012-2022
Figure 3: 7MM, Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Retinopathy in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N , 2012
Figure 4: 5EU, Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of VTDR in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N, 2012
Figure 5: 4EU, Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of DME in the Diagnosed Diabetic Population, N, 2012
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.