2014-01-03 12:12:35 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Hong Kong Infrastructure Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
We do not expect a significant improvement in construction growth in 2014, as several factors - namely a near-term decline in the project pipeline and a slowdown in China's economic activity - are likely to dampen construction activity in 2013 and continue into 2014. We are therefore forecasting full-year real growth for Hong Kong's construction sector to reach 2.2% in 2014, from 1.5% growth in 2013. However, we reiterate that this outlook does not mean a dearth in growth opportunities in Hong Kong over the long term, as the government has a large number of construction projects planned over the coming years.
Key Developments In Hong Kong's Infrastructure Sector:
* In August 2013, France-based construction firm Bouygues Construction secured a US$1.53bn
contract to design and construct a 4.2km undersea road tunnel in Hong Kong. The contract was secured through subsidiaries Dragages Hong Kong and Bouygues Travaux Publics. The project will include building a twin-tube tunnel, each tube with a diameter of 14 metres (m). The tunnel will connect the New Territories, north of Hong Kong, to Lantau Island. Two tunnel-boring machines will be used for the tunnel, which will be 50m below sea level. Forty-two cross-passages will connect the two tunnel tubes at every 100m. The project is expected to be completed in 2018.
* In November 2013, CLP Holdings announced that its wholly owned subsidiary CLP Power Hong Kong reached an agreement with China South Power Grid (CSG) to each acquire half of the 60% interest in Castle Peak Power (CPP) held by ExxonMobil. CLP Power will acquire the 30% stake for a cash consideration of HKD12bn. In a separate arrangement, CLP Power will also purchase ExxonMobil's 51% stake in Hong Kong Pumped Storage Development (PSDC) for HKD2bn. Following the completion of the transactions, CLP Power will hold 70% of CPP and 100% of PSDC. CSG will own the remaining 30% of CPP. To finance the acquisitions, CLP has secured a HKD10bn loan from HSBC. The stake sale is expected to be completed in mid-2014.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/759079_hong_kong_infrastructure_report_q1_20 ..
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Hong Kong Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2012 - 2017
- Table: Hong Kong Construction & Infrastructure Long-Term Forecast, 2018-2023
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Hong Kong Transport Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012-2017
- Table: Hong Kong Transport Infrastructure Long-Term Forecasts, 2018-2023
- Table: Competitiveness Of Hong Kong's Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Hong Kong Energy & Utilities Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012-2017
- Table: Hong Kong Energy & Utilities Infrastructure Long-Term Forecasts, 2018-2023
- Table: Castle Peak Power's Power-Generation Assets
- Table: Major Projects - Energy & Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Hong Kong Residential & Non-residential Building Industry Data, 2012-2017
- Table: Hong Kong Residential & Non-residential Building Industry Data, 2018-2023
- Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Hong Kong - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Infrastructure Risk Reward Ratings - Q1 2014
- Competitive Landscape
- Cheung Kong Infrastructure
- CLP Holdings
Global Infrastructure Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Table: Latin America PPP Round-Up
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Infrastructure Risk/Reward Rating Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.