2013-09-02 10:34:26 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - US Analysis and Market Forecasts", is now available at Fast Market Research
Osteoarthritis has become a global public health concern with no cure. It is the most common form of arthritis that is primarily due to wear and tear of the joints. With the aging global population, this is an indication that is growing rapidly with the hip being one of the most common joints afflicted. While the primary indication for total hip replacement (THR) is osteoporosis, the other major indications for THR are osteonecrosis and fractures to a lesser degree. As people live longer and with younger patients also receiving implants, the revision rates for primary hip replacements are also expected to rise. Primary hip replacement has become one of the most successful surgeries, with a variety of femoral and acetabular
components available from a wide selection of manufacturers. This report focuses on the total primary hip replacement market along with primary revision market. The global hip replacement market has been estimated in this report which includes the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India. The report provides unmet needs, future adoption and compounded annual growth rates (CAGR).
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/672856_medipoint_total_hip_replacement_us_an ..
GlobalData's analysis shows that the hip replacement market has become a mature market where products have become commodities. The future of the market lays on the ability of manufacturers to provide implants at a very low cost while continuing to provide the same level of clinical efficacy. The product development need lies primarily in revising the resurfacing products' articulating surface with new materials rather than developing new acetabular and femoral components. Additionally the major opportunity lies within the emerging markets which are the countries that have a higher CAGR and will provide the key for growth and grabbing market share.
The mature market in the design of hip replacement products has led to a shift in the focus of developing orthopedic implants. Orthopedic surgery in the hip has become more minimally invasive unlike that of the past, with smaller incision sizes, the development of computer-navigated arthroplasty systems and even bone-preserving techniques such as resurfacing. This report addresses the various unmet needs, presents the current technology and the drivers for the future and market growth in the US. Adoption rates are examined, as well as the decision-makers, in order capture market share.
* An overview of arthritis, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
* Annualized US THR market revenue and future forecasts from 2009 to 2011, forecast for 7 years to 2018.
* Investigation of current and future market competition for THR
* Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
* Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
* Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
* Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
* Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
* An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
* Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
* Coverage of key market players.
* Strategic assessment of the THR sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
* Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) as well as Orthopedic Surgeon
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the trends shaping and driving the US THR Market.
* Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
* Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the US THR market through 2018.
* Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
* Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
* Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
* Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
* Take a comprehensive look at the market's device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
* Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
* What's the next big thing in US THR market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: B. Braun, Biomet Orthopedics, Corentec Co. Ltd., Corin, DePuy Synthes International, Exactech, Iconacy Orthopedic Implants LLC, Implantcast GMBH, JRI Orthopaedics, Kyocera, Limacorporate S.P.A, Medacta, Medtronic, NovoSource Inc., Peter Brehm GMBH, Serf Dedienne Sante, Smith & Nephew, Stelkast, Stryker, Tianjin Zhengtian Medical Instrument Co., Ltd., Tornier N.V., Wright Medical, United Orthopedic Corporation, Zimmer Holdings Inc., Other Companies
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.