2013-12-05 16:34:06 - New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Developments this quarter showcase strong relations between Oman and India. As one of the main destinations of medical tourism, India will continue to benefit from Oman's increasingly burdened public healthcare system. Similarly, strong growth prospects in both the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries will provide Indian companies with a healthy return on investment.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: OMR160mn (US$415mn) in 2012 to OMR175mn (US$461mn) in 2013; 9.7% in local currency terms and +11.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q413.
* Healthcare: OMR724mn (US$1.88bn) in 2012 to OMR799mn (US$2.05bn) in 2013; +7.6% in local currency terms and +9.0 in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q413.
Oman has limited longer-term commercial potential due to its small
population and the fact that the government is responsible for the bulk of healthcare costs, which will increase the need for cost containment in the coming years. For Q114, Oman's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score has dropped by two basis points to 44 out of 100, although maintains its 11th position in the region.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723488_oman_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_repor ..
Key Trends And Developments
According to travel media estimates released in September, the number of Omanis seeking medical care in foreign countries is expected to reach 75,000 in 2013. The number of Omanis that visited India in 2012 for medical treatment, approximately 3,400, was more than double than that in 2011. Other countries of interest include Germany, the UK, the UAE and Saudi Arabia Moreover, nearly 60,000 Omanis flew to Thailand in 2012 seeking medical care for various conditions. Omanis seek treatment in foreign countries due to long waiting lists for surgical and other procedures at the kingdom's public hospitals.
A number of Indian companies, which formed part of an 18-member delegation to Oman to participate in the MedHealth and Wellness Exhibition, expressed interest in business opportunities in the country in order to benefit from Oman's growing healthcare sector, stated the Muscat Daily. According to Vinod Pal director of the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), a number of companies are looking to enter the Oman market and tap into opportunities in the healthcare sector.
BMI Economic View: Oman's near-term economic outlook remains broadly favourable, with non-oil growth to be fuelled over the coming quarters by expansionary public spending policies and healthy domestic demand. We have made slight revisions to our growth forecasts, and now project real GDP to expand by 4.7% in 2013 in real terms, moderating to 3.5% in 2014 (from 4.4% and 3.8% previously).
BMI Political View: Momentum towards privatisation is ostensibly on the rise again in Oman. While we note that Omani privatisation efforts have run into trouble in the past, the government's precarious medium-term fiscal picture and the need to address elevated levels of unemployment mean that moves towards a divestment of state assets look set to continue over the coming years.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Pharmaceutical Sales, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Healthcare Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Oman Government Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Oman Private Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Prescription Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Prescription Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Patented Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Patented Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts
- Generic Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Generic Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: Oman Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Pharmaceutical Trade Forecast
- Table: Oman Pharmaceutical Trade Data And Forecasts (US$mn), 2009-2017
- Table: Oman Pharmaceutical Trade Data And Forecasts (OMRmn), 2009-2017
- Other Healthcare Data
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Oman - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Middle East And Africa Risk/Reward Ratings
- Oman Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Communicable Diseases
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Healthcare Sector
- Public Healthcare Sector Developments
- Private Healthcare Sector Developments
- Table: Number Of Health Centres In Oman By Region
- Table: Number And Type Of Health Institutions In Oman In 2011
- Healthcare Insurance
- Medical Tourism
- Research And Development
- Clinical Trials
- Regulatory Developments
- Intellectual Property Regime
- Regional Harmonisation
- Pricing And Reimbursement Regime
- Domestic Pharmaceutical Industry
- Foreign Pharmaceutical Industry
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.