2013-09-06 13:29:00 - New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Acute myeloid (myelogenous, myelocytic) leukemia is a rapidly progressing blood cancer with a poor overall prognosis. AML is relatively rare, and predominantly affects older adults. AML is a heterogeneous disease, and many subtypes have been identified. The current standard of care consists of cytarabine-based chemotherapy, which can often achieve remission. However, the majority of patients relapse, and survival rates are grim. There are clear unmet needs for treatments that can prolong the overall survival of these patients, but drug manufacturers have struggled to gain regulatory approval for new therapies.
This report focuses on the remaining opportunity in AML exclusive of the acute promyleocytic leukemia (APL) subtype.
Key Questions Answered
* Which AML patients have the greatest unmet needs?
* What are the
R&D strategies drug makers are pursuing in the AML space?
* Why has it been so difficult for Pharma to develop successful therapies for AML?
* How are players aiming to circumvent difficulties that have historically plagued AML drug development?
* What are the most promising pipeline agents for AML? How do their clinical and commercial attributes compare to one another?
* What opportunities will remain following the launch of these pipeline agents?
* Do KOLs see a role for targeted therapies and immunotherapies in the treatment of AML?
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/672859_opportunityanalyzer_acute_myeloid_leu ..
* GlobalData forecasts the AML therapeutics market in the 6MM to grow from $151.0m in 2012 to $430.7m in 2017, at a CAGR of 23.3%. The main driver of growth in the global AML market will be the uptake of premium-priced pipeline agents.
* Despite high levels of unmet need, uptake of new drugs will be limited, as KOLs are relatively unimpressed by these agents. Therefore, ample market opportunity will remain at the end of the forecast period.
* To circumvent historical difficulties with regulatory approval, companies are designing early- and late-stage clinical trials more rigorously. Randomization of early-stage trials is critical, and the designation of overall survival (OS) as the primary endpoint of pivotal studies is mandatory.
* Key R&D trends include developing therapies for the patients with greatest unmet need, particularly the elderly, developing combination therapies, and investigating new targets (i.e. FLT3) involved in the pathogenesis of AML.
* Despite the hype around FLT3 inhibitors, KOLs are unconvinced that these drugs will be successful as monotherapies in AML.
* Overview of AML, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
* Topline AML therapeutics market revenue from 2012-2017. Annual cost of therapy, and peak pipeline drug sales of drugs launching during this forecast period are included.
* Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the AML therapeutics market.
* Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AML therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AML therapeutics market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AML therapeutics market in the future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.