Fast Market Research recommends "OpportunityAnalyzer: Autism Spectrum Disorder - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018" from GlobalData, now available
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-22 11:55:30
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is a chronically underserved market currently dominated by the two approved drugs, both of which are antipsychotics. There is off-label use of a multitude of other drugs which target different core and non-core symptoms of ASD. Since this disorder can first become apparent in very young children there is a need for medications which are safe and effective in the pediatric population. The ASD market is expected to grow remain relatively flat between 2012 and 2018, which is predominantly due to various drug patent expiration, and the introduction of novel therapies in the US and EU countries is not anticipated to offset this expected decline in the market. The new treatments will target some key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for drugs which can effectively target any of the many core and non-core symptoms of ASD, as well as offering an improved safety profile over currently used drugs.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/782750_opportunityanalyzer_autism_spectrum_d ..
Key Questions Answered
* The ASD market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the ASD market?
* The late-stage ASD pipeline is filled with diverse therapies and novel routes of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the ASD market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
* The current ASD market is dominated by antipsychotics, many of which are used off-label. How will the introduction of numerous first-in-class drugs change the treatment landscape? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
* The main driver of the ASD market will be the introduction of first-in-class drugs which target core ASD symptoms, which will increase the market size following their uptake. The introduction of another antipsychotic will strengthen the market growth.
* An additional driver for the ASD market is the assignment of orphan drug status to several ASDs drugs.
* The biggest barrier for growth in the ASD market will be patent expiration of marketed and pipeline drugs, with rapid genericization expected in some markets.
* Significant opportunities remain for further drug development in the ASD market due to the large unmet need for novel safe and efficacious drugs for the pediatric population.
* Overview of ASD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
* Annualized ASD therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for six years to 2018.
* Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the ASD therapeutics market.
* Pipeline analysis: focus on the five late-stage pipeline ASD drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ASD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global uveitis therapeutics market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global uveitis therapeutics market in future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Track drug sales in the global ASD therapeutics market from 2012-2018.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.