2014-03-08 14:33:23 - Recently published research from Timetric, "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Egypt, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
In Egypt, personal accident and health insurance is provided by both public and private companies. Insurance products offered by private insurers are complementary and the government is the principal contributor to healthcare services. However, factors such as rising public concerns regarding escalating healthcare expenses, strain on public finances on account of political uncertainly and an increasing population drove growth in personal accident and health insurance during the review period (2008-2012). In terms of gross written premium, the personal accident and health segment valued EGP1.1 billion (US$0.2 billion) in 2012, accounting for 10.5% of the total Egyptian insurance industry. The health insurance category accounted for the largest share of premiums in 2012 with 51.4%, followed by the personal accident category with
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/778296_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
* Services offered by private insurers are complementary and the government is the main contributor to healthcare services.
* Demand for health insurance, provided by private health insurers as a complementary product, grew steadily over the review period.
* The Egyptian government has allocated EGP27.41 billion (US$4.08 billion) in its 2012-2013 budget to improving the healthcare sector, an 18% increase over 2011-2012.
* The personal accident and health segment is expected to register a CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period.
* The Egyptian personal accident and health segment is highly concentrated and competitive, with the country's 10-leading insurers collectively accounting for 91.6% of the segment's gross written premiums in 2012.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Egypt:
* It provides historical values for the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Egyptian personal accident and health insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Egypt.
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Egypt for the personal accident and health insurance segment.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Egypt and its growth prospects.
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Egypt and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance segment and each category within it.
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Egyptian personal accident and health insurance segment.
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment.
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories.
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Egyptian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Egypt Insurance Company, Bupa Egypt Insurance Company, Delta Insurance Company, Chartis Egypt Insurance Company, Suez Canal Insurance Company, The Egyptian Association for Cooperative Insurance, Egyptian Arab Group, Egyptian Takaful Property Insurance Company, Allianz Egypt Insurance Company, Royal Insurance Company
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.