2013-02-28 12:24:44 - New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI's report examines the trends witnessed in the country's current and future defence procurement across its armed forces. The report's general conclusion is that Saudi Arabia will continue to invest heavily in defence procurement, giving it military superiority over most of its neighbours in what will remain a volatile region. However, the country's long-term security outlook is less certain. The authoritarian royal family is ageing. Unrest in the country's Shi'a-dominated Eastern Province remains serious. And regional crises could affect Saudi Arabia in unknown ways.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541275_saudi_arabia_defence_security_report_ ..
These foreign crises are numerous from Riyadh's perspective. Sectarian violence and al-Qaeda continue to plague Yemen to the south. War between Israel and Iran - Saudi Arabia's regional foe - could
have grave repercussions for Riyadh if Iran successfully foments rebellion among Shi'a Muslims in Eastern Province and also in Bahrain. Security crises in Iraq and Syria, meanwhile, threaten to upset the regional balance. However, Saudi Arabia is attempting to engage with other countries in the region, including Iran, in order to reduce the risk of serious instability. In particular, Riyadh has reached out to Tehran by inviting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Mecca; the two countries are also members of a new Syria Contact Group set up by the Egyptian government.
However, despite these and other worthy initiatives, there is relatively little that Riyadh can do to address many of the most pressing security challenges that it has to deal with.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* A full order of battle detailing the composition of the Saudi Arabia army, air force, navy, national guard and air defence force.
* Discussions regarding ongoing defence procurement programmes across Saudi Arabia's armed forces, and their current status.
Descriptions of the defence decision-making process within Saudi Arabia, and the country's grand strategy.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Saudi Arabia Defence SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Trade
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Defence Exports (US$mn), 2010-2017
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Defence Imports (US$mn), 2010-2017
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Defence Trade Balance (US$mn), 2010-2017
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Government Defence Expenditure, 2010-2017
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP (US$mn), 2010-2017
- Armed Forces
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Armed Forces, 2002-2009 ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Available Manpower For Military Services, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Saudi Arabia - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- security Risk Analysis
- Table: Middle East And Africa Defence & Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Saudi Arabia Market Overview
- Arms Trade Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
Industry Trends and Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Security Overview
- External Security
- Internal Security
- Table: Insurgent Groups
- Political Overview
- Domestic Politics
- Long-Term Political Outlook
- BAE Systems
- Thales International
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
- Scenario Analysis
- External Security
- Internal Security
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Iran War Risks Rising In 2013
- Syrian Conflict To Continue, Post-Assad
- Caucasus At Risk Of Armenia-Azerbaijan War
- Korean Peninsula Facing Mixed Outlook
- Asia's Maritime Island Disputes
- Table: Election Timetable, 2013
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.