2013-12-30 04:15:03 - Fast Market Research recommends "Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's report examines the trends witnessed in the country's current and future defence procurement across its armed forces. The report's general conclusion is that Saudi Arabia will continue to invest heavily in defence procurement, giving it military superiority over most of its neighbours in what will remain a volatile region. However, the country's long-term security outlook is less certain. The authoritarian royal family is ageing. Unrest in the country's Shi'a-dominated Eastern Province remains serious. Regional crises, notably the ongoing civil war in Syria, and the global stand-off with Iran over its nuclear programme could affect Saudi Arabia in unknown ways.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754658_saudi_arabia_defence_security_report_ ..
In terms of recent developments regarding Saudi Arabian foreign policy, in October 2013 the country
was elected to the United Nations Security Council as a temporary member to serve a two-year mandate. Nevertheless, the Saudi government formally declined the seat due to political objections it raised regarding disappointment at the efforts of the international body to help secure a resolution to the Israel-Palestine conflict, and to the Syrian civil war.
Saudi Arabia's actions have been perceived as a response to the perceived willingness of the administration of President Barak Obama to reaffirm its commitment to continue negotiations with the Iranian government regarding that country's clandestine nuclear weapons programme. Other motivations for Saudi Arabia's actions include the Obama administration's refusal to become militarily involved in the Syrian civil war on the side of the rebels opposing the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
Since Q413, BMI has made the following amendments to this report:
* Details regarding the supply of new tanker aircraft to the Royal Saudi Air Force.
* Information pertaining to the planned supply of precision weapons to Saudi Arabia by the United States, and maintenance, repair and overhaul services from that country for the Royal Saudi Air Force.
* Particulars concerning a deal concluded with France for the upgrade of Royal Saudi Navy ships.
* Details regarding a new defence accord signed by Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
* Information regarding ongoing negotiations between Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom regarding the supply of new combat aircraft.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Saudi Arabia Security SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Defence SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Defence Imports (US$mn)
- Table: Saudi Arabia - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Saudi Arabia Security Rating
- Saudi Arabia Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Domestic Industries
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Saudi Arabia Security Market Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Political Risk Analysis
- BAE Systems
- Thales International
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.