2013-09-21 09:12:04 - New Internet market report from MindCommerce: "Social Media, Internet of Things, and the Future of Public Health"
Public health is "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, organizations, public and private, communities and individuals." It is concerned with threats to health based on population health analysis. This definition highlights the role played by members of the community in improving health and in defining what is socially and publicly acceptable.
There are three main features of public health that define the field and also provide a contrast to the related field of medicine. Public health and medicine often have the similar goals of reducing the impact of disease and improving health and quality of life, but there are some notable differences between the two in
the methods of reaching these goals. The primary features of public health are a (1) a view that all people should have healthcare access, regardless of social position, (2) a focus on the health of populations rather than individuals, and (3) a focus on prevention.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/684755_social_media_internet_of_things_and_t ..
The use of social media in public health is taking shape as Twitter and other forms of social media are leveraged to identify potential outbreaks. Public health data is rapidly increasing from all sources. Sensors, formerly found only in hospital ICUs, are now portable and be used at home, and even sometimes while walking. The potential for persistent public health monitoring may be realized through introduction of machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, embedded computing/wireless, and related technologies.
This report evaluates the impact of social media, Big Data and analytics, and the so called "Internet of Things (IoT)" on public healthcare. The report evaluates specific companies, solutions, and applications. The report includes analysis of Big Data and its anticipated use in public health.
* Identify the tenants of "Public Health 2.0
* Identify specific companies, solutions, and applications
* Identify the role of Participatory Epidemiology in public health
* Understand the confluence of Infodemiology and Infoveillance
* Understand the role of data-mining, Big Data, and public health
* Understand the role and importance of social media in public health
* Understand the evolution and future direction of healthcare technology
Companies and Organizations in Report:
* Abbott Laboratories
* Adidas miCoach
* Airstrip Technologies
* Al Bawaba
* BioCaster Global Health Monitor
* Blue Shield of California
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
* Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
* Central Intelligence Agency
* Facebook Inc.
* Flu Detector
* Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
* Global Public Health Intelligence Network (GPHIN)
* Google Dengue Trend
* Google Flu Trends
* Google Maps
* IMS Health
* Kaiser Permanente
* Life Watch
* Medtronic Inc.
* Microsoft Research
* Mood of the Nation
* National Cancer Institute (NCI)
* National Institutes of Health (NIH)
* Philips Electronics iPill
* Proteus Digital Health
* Prudential Insurance Company of America
* Skin Scan
* Sotera Wireless
* Twitter Inc.
* U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
* UK Health Protection Agency
* United Nations
* United States Public Health Service (PHS)
* U.S. Department of Agriculture
* U.S. Department of Homeland Security
* U.S. Director for National Intelligence
* World Health Organization (WHO)
* Yahoo Maps
* Healthcare service providers
* Healthcare insurance providers
* Healthcare technology companies
* Social media and networking companies
* Policy makers, regulatory bodies, and government
* Consultants and systems integrators for healthcare technology
* M2M, Internet of Things (IoT), and general telecommunications companies
* Public health institutions including CDC, NIH, FDA, CMS, NRHA, WHO, and others
About Mind Commerce
The Mind Commerce mission is to provide customized research, consulting, training, and writing services for the telecommunications and IT industry within their areas of expertise. Mind Commerce clients include manufacturers, developers, service providers, industry organizations, and government. Mind Commerce partners include various leading firms in the telecommunications industry. View more research from MindCommerce at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1011
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.