2013-03-09 17:12:04 - New Pharmaceuticals market report from Datamonitor: "The Osteoporosis Market Forecast to 2021"
The seven major markets are characterized by an aging population and hence the incidence of osteoporosis will increase accordingly. The increase in patient numbers, however, will not lead to an increase in overall market value as the genericization of key bisphosphonate brands will cause heavy price erosion, leading to a negative growth trend that will continue throughout the forecast period.
* Interactive excel model accompanied by a pdf containing all Datamonitor's analysis and forecasts of this market to 2021.
* Forecast based on epidemiology data and primary research with 129 primary care physicians and specialists across the US, Japan, and 5EU.
* This forecast assesses the impact of generics, especially upon patent expiry of key bisphosphonate drugs such as
Actonel, Boniva, and Reclast.
* Forecasts of the four new key products launching during the forecast period: Amgen's AMG-785, Radius' BA058, Pfizer's Aprela, and Merck's odanacatib.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/546443_the_osteoporosis_market_forecast_to_2 ..
The growth in sales of newer products, such as Prolia (denosumab; Amgen) and soon-to-launch odanacatib (Merck & Co.) can only partly offset the market value decline caused by generic price erosion.
Odanacatib will become the top-grossing pipeline drug by the end of the forecast period.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Which brands will be affected by generic erosion the most; where and when will it take place?
* What is the impact of new pipeline drugs going to be and how successful can they become in a cost-constrained market?
Report Table of Contents:
Table of Contents
Datamonitor key findings
Forecast Trend Analysis
Market value will decline despite patient population growth
The osteoporosis market will see the successful introduction of two novel drug classes, causing revenue to
Methodology and Market Definition
Market definition for osteoporosis
Patient-based forecast methodology
Price and dose assumptions
Physician sample breakdown
Five Major EU Markets
Fosamax/Fosamax Plus D (alendronate; Merck & Co)
Actonel/Actonel with Calcium/Atelvia (risedronate; Sanofi/Warner Chilcott)
Bonviva/Boniva (ibandronate; Roche/GlaxoSmithKline)
Aclasta/Reclast (zoledronic acid; Novartis)
Bonoteo/Recalbon (minodronate; Astellas/Ono Pharma)
Didronel (etidronate; Warner Chilcott/Pfizer/Sumitomo Pharma)
Nerixia (neridronate; Abiogen Pharma)
Aredia (pamidronate; Novartis)
Protelos (strontium ranelate; Servier)
Evista (raloxifene; Eli Lilly)
Conbriza/Viviant (bazedoxifene; Pfizer/Almirall)
Edirol (eldecalcitol; Chugai/Taisho)
Forteo/Forsteo (teriparatide; Eli Lilly)
Preotact/Preos (human parathyroid hormone; Nycomed/NPS Pharma)
Prolia (denosumab; Amgen/GlaxoSmithKline/Daiichi Sankyo)
Odanacatib (MK-0822; Merck & Co)
BA058 (parathyroid hormone-related protein analog; Radius/Novartis)
Aprela (bazedoxifene and conjugated estrogens; Pfizer)
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.