2013-02-15 11:54:10 - New Retailing market report from Verdict Research: "Retail Forecasts H1 2013: UK Food & Grocery"
A unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures. Inflation, volume and value growth are estimated quarterly to Q2 2015 to give market size and trends. This is a sector report covering the UK Food & Grocery market analysed by sub-categories - Food, Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Tobacco & Household goods.
Scope of this Report
* Create long term business plans based on how we forecast key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
* Plan your pricing strategies by understanding the course inflation will take over the next two years in the food and grocery sector
* Develop decision making based on consumer, economic and sector specific forecasts
* Mitigate against the
risk of continued dropping volumes caused by ongoing inflation
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/538276_retail_forecasts_h1_2013_uk_food_groc ..
Inflation continues to drive growth in the food & grocery sector, and will remain high throughout 2012 and 2013, before starting to decline at the end of the forecasting period. Increased global demand, and droughts during 2012 have meant that cost prices have continued to rise, and retailers will find it increasingly difficult to protect shoppers
Volume growth is low, as shoppers continue along the route of waste minimisation and budgeting to counteract inflation not only in food, but in everyday living costs. While improvements in the economy will slowly begin to make things easier for shoppers, it will take a while before they revert to old habits, and we see significant volume growth
Food & grocery has a real impact on the direction of total retail, it will contribute 45.4% of total retail spending in 2013. As almost half of what shoppers spend in the UK is highly inflationary, and suffering from weak volume growth, the course of total retail will follow a very similar path to the food & grocery sector in 2013 and 2014.
Reasons to Get this Report
* When will volumes in the market begin to recover? Will we see further basket size reductions?
* What are the drivers of inflation in the food & grocery sector? Which product categories are hit hardest?
* How can retailers address consumers price sensitivity and fulfill demand for bargain hunting?
* What are the key growth sectors in the market? Which product categories will prove most challenging?
* What impact will the economy have on food & grocery retail and how should I build this into my sales forecasts?
Report Table of Contents:
* Principle Sources
UK QUARTERLY FORECAST SUMMARY
* A review of H2 2012 and a look ahead
* UK exits double-dip recession
* Food inflation sends retail prices even higher
* Housing transactions forecast to grow for the first time in two years
* No letting up for retailers as 2013 is set to be another challenging year
* Current Prices
* Constant Prices
* Volume Growth
* Total Growth
* Percentage point difference with Total Retail
* Health & beauty forecasting changes
* DIY & Gardening forecasting changes
* Help and tips to use the quarterly forecasts
* Copying data to Excel
* Inserting slides into your own presentations
* Ask the analyst
* Table: Principle sources of data and information
* Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK?s leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.