2013-09-22 08:53:04 - Fast Market Research recommends "Romania Oil & Gas Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
ExxonMobil is moving forward with the assessment of its Black Sea discovery, signalling a positive turn in Romania's upstream outlook. Further exploration efforts in the Black Sea from international oil companies (IOCs) are providing upside risk to the country's outlook. The growing presence of IOCs is a necessary step to take advantage of Romania's increasingly expensive and technically challenging oil and gas developments. The most prospective areas remain offshore in the Black sea and the onshore basins which could support shale gas, while enhanced oil recovery is also helping to bolster production levels from mature fields. Chevron has taken the lead in exploring for and developing shale gas prospects with exploration drilling beginning before year end. www.fastmr.com/prod/673252_romania_oil_gas_report_q4_2013.aspx
Full Report Details at
The main trends and developments for Romania's oil and gas sector include:
* Chevron has affirmed its commitment to developing Romania's shale gas resources after receiving licences to prospect for shale gas. The US group is the only holder of shale exploration licences in the country and has been granted permission to drill in three areas: Platinis, Popeni and Silistea. Drilling is expected to begin before the end of the year while further 2-D seismic will also take place.
* Interest in the potential of the Black Sea is strong. ExxonMobil and OMV Petrom have completed a 3-D seismic survey of the 6,000 square kilometre (sq km) Neptune Block, including the Domino-1 discovery. Data is currently under assessment to discern the technical and commercial feasibility of the discovery. The Ocean Endeavor semi-submersible has been leased to carry out further exploratory drilling towards the end of this year and into 2014. If commerciality is proven, production is unlikely to begin until 2018 at the earliest.
* Lukoil is waiting on the results of its 2,000sq km 3-D seismic surveys on the East Rapsodia and Trident blocks in the Romania Black Sea. The surveys were completed by the end of 2012 with the main prospects being identified and recommendations given for further exploration work in the area. Lukoil's current exploration agreement for its concessions runs to 2016.
* Petroceltic, operator of the shallow water Muridava and East Cobalescu licences, has identified two high-grade prospects for drilling in H213. The company is expecting to complete four further exploration wells in 2014.
* OMV Petrom is conducting an extensive redevelopment of 12 onshore and two offshore oil and gas fields in order to boost production. Planned developments to these sites include drilling new wells and workovers, water injection, polymer injection and steam injection, as well as modernising operations.
* Oil production is expected to level off slightly as new enhanced and improved oil recovery programmes mitigate the effect of natural decline. Production is expected to fall from 99,920 barrels per day (b/d) in 2013 to 97,100b/d in 2017, then 87,080 by 2022, a slower rate than previously forecast.
* Oil demand is also stagnating, remaining largely flat over the next five years. Improving economic efficiency and reduced demand from energy intensive industry are the key reasons behind this. The expected improvement in the economic situation will provide upside growth during the forecast.
* Gas demand is anticipated to increase to 14.25bn cubic metres (bcm) in 2017 from 13.10bcm in 2013. Gas production will reduce at around 2% per year; however, there is considerable upside risk to this with potential Black Sea resources.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Oil And Gas Reserves
- Table: Romania Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2011-2016
- Table: Romania Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2017-2022
- Oil Supply And Demand
- Table: Romania Oil Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2011-2016
- Table: Romania Oil Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2017-2022
- Gas Supply And Demand
- Table: Romania Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2011-2016
- Table: Romania Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2017-2022
- Refining And Oil Products Trade
- Table: Romania Refining - Production And Consumption, 2011-2016
- Table: Romania Refining - Production And Consumption, 2017-2022
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Caspian Retains Lead In Upstream Ratings
- Russia Loses Monolith Position
- Regional Minnows Breaking In
- Table: CEE Upstream Risk/Reward Rating
- No Major Downstream Movements
- Table: CEE Downstream Risk/Reward Ratings
- Romania - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Romania Upstream Rating - Overview
- Romania Upstream Rating - Rewards
- Romania Upstream Rating - Risks
- Romania Downstream Rating - Overview
- Romania Downstream Rating - Rewards
- Romania Downstream Rating - Risks
- Romania Energy Market Overview
- Licensing And Regulation
- Government Policy
- Licensing Rounds
- International Energy Relations
- Oil & Gas Infrastructure
- Oil Refineries
- Table: Refineries In Romania
- Service Stations
- Oil Storage Facilities
- Oil Terminals/Ports
- Oil Pipelines
- LNG Terminals
- Gas Storage Facilities
- Gas Pipelines
- Executive Summary
- Table: Key Players - Romania Oil And Gas Sector
- Table: Key Upstream Players
- Table: Key Downstream Players
- OMV Petrom
- Other Companies - Summary
- Europe Energy Market Overview
- A Dependent Relationship
- Looking For A Break Up
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.