2014-01-03 17:53:33 - Fast Market Research recommends "Romania Shipping Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Romania - Q1 2014
The port of Constantza is set to once again post a year-on-year (y-o-y) increase in total tonnage throughput in 2014, while container throughput is expected to return to growth in line with the country's continued economic recovery.
Robust exports and a recovery in private consumption will support freight volumes at the country's ports. Over the medium term, we project further growth at the port of Constantza and the recovery of its predownturn total throughput volumes. The box throughput, however, is projected to remain below 2007-2008 level.
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 port of Constantza tonnage throughput forecast to grow 3%; over the medium term we project a 22% increase.
* 2014 port of Constantza container throughput forecast to grow
3%; over the medium term we project a 23% increase.
* 2014 total trade growth forecast at 5.45%.
Full Report Details at
Key Industry Trends
Grain Terminal In Constantza To Expand: Canopus Star grain terminal at the Romanian port of Constantza port will see an expansion triggered by US-based multinational agribusiness company Cargill investment. The terminal's operational capacity will increase to 50,000 tonnes, while its warehouse capacity will grow to 110,000 tonnes, when the investment is completed in 2014.
Constantza Infrastructure Upgrade Continues: The Managing Authority for the Sectoral Operational Programme - Transport 2007-2013 and the NC "Maritime Ports Administration" SA signed the contract awarding the grant for the project "Development of the railway capacity in the river-maritime area of Constantza Port". The Managing Authority will organise the provision of funds for the total eligible amount of RON60,007,551.
Risks To Outlook
The potential for growth at the country's ports stems from BMI's positive outlook on the Romanian economy. Container throughput will be driven by the country's consumers, with consumer demand in Romania forecast to strengthen. The country's real GDP is estimated to increase by 2.8% in 2014. Upside risks to our short and medium term forecasts stem from expansion projects; potential foreign investment and interest; and improving domestic demand in the euro area, in particular in Germany, which will prove supportive of sustained export growth over the coming quarters.
A downside risk to our forecasts comes in the form of Romania's heavy exposure to the eurozone and the region's possible weaker-than-expected recovery over the coming quarters, which would weigh on export growth and industrial production going forward, weakening demand, and so affecting the country's ports and freight transport network. Constantza's role as a gateway for trade to and from landlocked Central Europe may also be affected.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Romania - Q1 2014
- Romania Shipping SWOT
- Business Environment
- Port of Constantza Throughput Outlook Q1 2014
- Table: Major Port Data
- Table: Trade Overview
- Table: Key Trade Indicators
- Table: Top Import Destinations
- Table: Top Export Destinations
- Romania Container Shipping Market Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
- Romania - Q1 2014
Shipping - Global Industry View
- Box Demand: Container Outlook Strengthening In 2014
- Box Supply: Slowing New Vessel Deliveries To Decrease Overcapacity Pressure
- Table: Q313 Container Vessel Deliveries
- Table: 2013 Mega Vessel Orders
- Box Rates: Rate Push In Preparation For 2014
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI Europe Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI USWC Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
Global Company Strategy
- Maersk Line
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Line
- COSCO Container Lines Company
- Table: Romania - Economic Activity
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Romania's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Romania's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.