2013-10-10 13:27:28 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Romania Tourism Report Q4 2013"
BMI's Romania Tourism Report looks at the expected trends in the country's tourism market, including the possibilities for growth in inbound and outbound travel and the nature of the investment environment. Generally, we are expecting slow but steady growth across most key market indicators, although this is predicated on the continued economic recovery of major markets within Romania.
Tourism in Romania is largely dependent on rising incomes across the wider Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region and, as such, we saw reasonable growth in the tourism sector in 2012. Data from Romania's National Institute of Statistics, released in February 2013, showed that foreign visitor numbers grew by 4.3% over 2012, to reach 7,936,700. Moving forward, we expect this trend towards growth
to continue, and in 2017 we expect to see an annual inbound arrivals figure of close to 10mn.
Full Report Details at
Countries within Europe will continue to make up majority of Romania's source market, particularly its regional neighbours in the CEE area - such as Hungary, Moldova, Bulgaria and Ukraine - which form the four most important markets for inbound travel. Travel from these countries is facilitated by good air and rail transport links, though long-haul travel would benefit from further expansion.
As well as the expected increase in arrivals, BMI also expects outbound travel from Romania to show slow but steady growth throughout the forecast period, to reach close to 15mn in 2017, up from 13.8mn in 2013. This growth is based on the gradual improvements expected in the Romanian domestic economy, as more people have disposable income for travel.
The growth in inbound and outbound travel will provide a boost to the industry value, particularly in the hotel sector, and BMI believes that the number of hotels and other accommodation establishments in Romania will increase. The CEE region in general offers an range of attractive investment opportunities for hotel groups and other tourist-related industries - particularly in Romania where developers can take advantage of Romania's relatively undeveloped coastline and affordable real estate opportunities.
* Hilton, Marriott, Accor and Starwood are all developing new properties at a range of locations, reflecting wider growth in the Romanian hotel market. By 2017, we expect the number of hotels in Romania to reach over 1,490, up from 1,380 in 2012.
* Outbound air traffic also looks set for good growth over our forecast period to 2017, rising from 4.13mn passengers in 2013, to 4.56mn in 2017.
* Key events in Romania in 2013 include the Transylvania International film festival, Bucharest Music Festival, and various other cultural events. The country also hosted the European Youth Olympics early in 2013.
* Due to the vast potential and booming industries across the CEE, this quarter BMI has given Romania an overall Tourism Industry Risk/Reward rating of 45.61, placing it in 23rd place out of 25 countries in the CEE region.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Industry Forecast
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Romania, Inbound Tourism 2010-2017
- Table: Romania Inbound Tourism, Top 10 markets by arrivals, 2010-2017
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Romania Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017
- Table: Romania Outbound Tourism, Top 10 Destinations By Departures, 2010-2017
- Table: Romania International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: Romania Methods of Tourist Travel, 2010-2017
- Table: Romania Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- Romania Security Risks
- Table: Europe Security Risk Rating
- Market Overview
- Table: Romania Transport Infrastructure Projects
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence In Romania
- SIF Transilvania
Global Industry Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Global Assumptions
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets' Real GDP Growth Forecasts
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts (%)
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Romania's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Romania's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.