2013-02-19 10:16:03 - New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: Russian IT spending is expected to reach US$24.4bn in 2013, up 11%, with the market set to receive a boost after Russia's historic entry into the WTO, finally confirmed in August 2012. IT vendors reported double-digit growth in PC sales in H112, driven by demand for mobile PC devices. The broader use of ICT in government and other sectors will ensure an upward market trajectory in the medium term, along with major projects in other key sectors such as banking and oil and gas, and a restructuring of the utilities sector.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: US$11.7bn in 2012 to US$12.7bn in 2013, +8% in US dollar terms.Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst
modification and tablets should be a strong growth area in 2013.
* Software sales: US$4.1bn in 2012 to US$4.7bn in 2013, +14% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification and demand will grow as Russian enterprises become more integrated in global markets and supply chain.
* IT Services sales: US$5.9bn in 2012 to US$6.8bn in 2013, +15% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms donwardly revised due to analyst modification but cloud computing and value-added services such as consulting and applications development growing fast.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/536551_russia_information_technology_report_ ..
Risk/Reward Ratings: Russia's score was 55.8 out of 100.0, up from 55.1 in our previous table. Russia remains in fifth in our latest Europe RRR table, ahead of CEE peers Poland and the Czech Republic. The country also ranks fifth for its Industry Rewards score, but ranks lowest for Industry Risks at 32.5.
Key Trends & Developments.
Russia's WTO entry should boost the hardware sector through cuts in taxes on imports, which currently amount to 5-15% of a product's added value. However much will depend on the government's ability to maintain an environment conducive to further development, including an effective customs regime, low import duties and generally transparent business environment. Many challenges remain, specifically for the IT sector, and further government action is needed in areas such as protecting intellectual property rights and creating a sound legal framework.
Vendors will look to opportunities in the public sector, which has launched a number of e-government service pilots in areas ranging from universal identity cards to online fee payment. July 1 2012 was targeted as a deadline for the introduction of a new unified system that will streamline the provision of government services by linking federal and local agencies. About RUB490mn has been earmarked to expand a possible new open source platform in 2011-2013.
There is currently a big disparity between the level of demand in the major cities and the provinces with the headquarters of most major domestic and multinational being located in Moscow or Saint Petersburg. However a growing installed base of hardware and software platforms in provincial areas will fuel more spending on services.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated)
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Russia's Technopark Expenditure, 2006-2010 (US$mn)
- Table: IT Authorities
- IBS Group
- Regional IT Overview
- IT Penetration
- Market Growth And Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Russia Demographic Data
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Russia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Russia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.