2012-09-04 09:00:25 - New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: Russian IT spending is expected to reach US$23.3bn in 2012, up 21%, with BMI upwardly revising its forecast after the PC market reported double-digit growth in Q112. IT services vendors reported stronger demand from Russian organisations in 2011 as the market bounced back. The broader use of ICT in government and other sectors will ensure an upward market trajectory in the medium term, along with major projects in other key sectors such as banking and oil and gas, and a restructuring of the utilities sector.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: US$10.4bn in 2011 to US$11.9bn in 2012, +14.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms was upwardly revised due to strong sales growth in Q112.
* Software sales: US$3.7bn in 2011 to US$4.7bn in 2012, +27% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification but will depend on the success in bringing down illegal software use, which at around 87% is one of the world's highest.
* IT Services sales: US$5.2bn in 2011 to US$6.6bn in 2012, +30% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification with value-added services such as consulting and applications development growing fast.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451367_russia_information_technology_report_ ..
Risk/Reward Ratings: Russia's score was 55.1 out of 100.0. Russia ranks fifth in our latest Europe RRR table, jumping ahead of CEE peers Poland and the Czech Republic. The country ranks fifth for its Industry Rewards score, but ranks lowest for Industry Risks at 32.5.
Key Trends & Developments.
* In 2012, the Russian IT market is forecast to grow by around 19%. The government has announced a push to develop a national cloud computing platform, while a modernising financial sector also provided opportunities for IT vendors. There should be continued spending growth in key IT sectors, with new projects in industries ranging from timber to banking and oil and gas. * Vendors will look to opportunities in the public sector, which has launched a number of egovernment service pilots in areas ranging from universal identity cards to online fee payment.
July 1 2012 has been targeted as a deadline for the introduction of a new unified system that will streamline the provision of government services by linking federal and local agencies. About RUB490mn has been earmarked to expand a possible new open source platform in 2011-2013.
* Many challenges remain, specifically for the IT sector, and further government action is needed in various areas, including the protection of intellectual property rights and the creation of a sound legal framework. The government is taking some action to address these issues, most recently establishing a working committee to look at the e-commerce legal framework, but much remains to be done.
Report Table of Contents:
- Russia IT Sector SWOT
- Russia Telecoms Sector SWOT
- Russia Political SWOT
- Russia Economic SWOT
- Russia Business Environment SWOT
Europe IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
Europe IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Table: Russia's IT Market Structure, 2002-2004 (US$bn)
- Industry Developments
- Table: Russia's Techno park Expenditure, 2006-2010 (US$mn)
- Table: Russia IT Industry - 2008-2016, (US$mn unless otherwise stated)
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016
- Software And Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Table: Svyazinvest Regional Companies - Broadband Subscribers
- Table: Russia - Economic Activity
- IBM Company Profile
- Oracle orp
Russia Demographic Outlook
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Russia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Russia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Russia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.