2012-09-04 09:00:22 - New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: Despite the considerable size of the electricity market, strong GDP per capita growth and widespread electricity export links, a whole host of challenges still face prospective investors in Russia's power sector. Issues concerning the transparency of the tendering process, liberalisation level and lack of subsidies are likely to hinder project developments across all sectors of power.
During the period 2012-2021, Russia's overall electricity generation is expected to increase by an annual average of 1.90%. This is underlined by an average annual increase in consumption of 1.97% which is driven by a relatively large real GDP growth rate (we estimate 3.2% for 2012) and large population of over 140 million. There is considerable scope for the Russian government to increase
divestment within the electricity market, and introduce greater private sector involvement into the industry. However, stakeholders have voiced concerns that a trend towards consolidation of government-owned companies is beginning to emerge.
Full Report Details at
Other key trends in the Russian electricity market include:
* Due to an abundance of gas and coal resources, Russia is currently heavily reliant on thermal energy sources for electricity generation, primarily gas.
* However, the Energy Strategy 2030 aims to double nuclear generation to 300TWh by 2020 and expand non-hydro renewable energy sources so they contribute at least 4.5% of the total electricity generation, also by 2020. Yet, owing to Russia's generally unattractive Industry and Country Risk profile, BMI believes that nuclear generation will fall short of the 2020 target.
Report Table of Contents:
- Russia Power SWOT
Global Industry Overview
Regional Industry Overview
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Russia Snapshot (Macro)
- Table: Country Snapshot: Economic and Demographic Data
- Table: Country Snapshot: Power Sector
- Russia Forecast Scenario
- Electricity Generation and Power Generating Capacity
- Table: Russia Total Electricity Generation Data And Forecasts, 2010 - 2016
- Table: Russia Total Electricity Generation Long Term Forecasts, 2015 - 2021
- Table: Russia Electricity Generating Capacity Data And Forecasts, 2010 - 2016
- Table: Russia Electricity Generating Capacity Long Term Forecasts, 2015 - 2021
- Electricity Consumption
- Table: Russia Total Electricity Consumption Data And Forecasts, 2008-2016
- Table: Russia Electricity Consumption Long-Term Forecasts, 2013-2021
- Transmission & Distribution, Imports & Exports
- Table: Russia Electric Power Transmission And Distribution Losses Data And Forecasts, 2008-2016
- Table: Russia Electric Power Transmission And Distribution Losses Long-Term Forecasts, 2013-2021
- Table: Russia Trade Data And Forecasts, 2008-2016
- Table: Russia Long-Term Trade Forecasts, 2013-2021
Key Policies/Market Structure
- Regulation And Competition
- Sustainable Energy Policies
- Key Projects Database
- Table: Russia Key Projects Database - Power Plants & Transmission Grids.
- Russia Regional Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Central and Eastern Europe Regional Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Power Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- Russia Power Risk/Reward Ratings
- Inter RAO UES
Glossary of Terms
- Table: Glossary of Terms
Methodology and Sources
- Industry Forecasts
- Power Industry - Data Methodology
- Generation and Consumption Data
- Electricity Generation Capacity Data
- Power Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Power Risk/Reward Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.