2012-05-15 15:49:23 - New Retailing research report from Verdict Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Norway. In addition to outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it also details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
* Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
* Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Norway.
* Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights
into the major retailers' networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
* Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/384582_service_station_retailing_in_norway_2 ..
The service station network in Norway is extremely consolidated, with the top five players by market share accounting for over 85% of all service stations in the country. All major players divested sites in 2010, with Shell's network contracting by over 20 sites. Overall, the total number of service stations fell by 1% during 2010.
Total fuel volume sales in Norway declined for the second consecutive year in 2010. Both diesel and petrol consumption declined by over 1%. Despite weaker demand for fuel, soaring prices resulted in total service station fuel sales values increasing by 16% in 2010.
Shops are located at about 70% of all service stations in the country, making Norway a very mature market in comparison to other Scandinavian countries. Over half of all service stations in Norway feature a car wash facility.
* Who are the top five players in the Norwegian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
* What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Norway?
* How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
* What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used?
Partial Table of Contents:
THIS BRIEF IS DELIVERED IN A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION FORMAT
* Please select the Slidepack download option
* Service station competitor overview
* Metrics for the top three fuel retailers in terms of fuel volume share and the number of service stations, motorway sites, unmanned sites, shops, and car washes.
* Service station market overview
* A brief synopsis of the service station market and basic commentary regarding fuel consumption, fuel prices, network changes, fuel volumes and network forecasts, motorway sites, unmanned sites, and shop and car wash penetration.
* Company-level charts showing:
* Service station network size by brand, 2011
* Fuel volume market share by brand, 2010
* Motorway service stations by brand, 2011
* Unmanned service stations by brand, 2011
* Competitor ranking in 2010 compared to 2009
* Top five fuel retailers' fuel and network information, including:
* Network size
* Motorway sites
* Unmanned sites
* Company owned and dealer owned sites
* Fuel volume market share
* Average throughput
* Types of fuel sold
* Additional secondary information (e.g. LPG sites, planned expansion/divestments)
* Top five fuel retailers' shop sites, including:
* Shop network and penetration, over five years
* Shop proposition, brand name, partnerships, and additional secondary information
* Top five fuel retailers' car wash sites, including:
* Car wash network and penetration, over five years
* Car wash types, manufacturers, and additional secondary information
* Top five fuel retailers' commercial fuel card and B2C loyalty card offerings
* Basic marketing information on card features, such as network acceptance and incorporated services, and pictures of loyalty and fuel cards.
* Market-level charts showing:
* Total service stations, cars per service station, and population per service station, over five years
* Car parc and population per car, over five years
* Proportion of petrol and diesel cars, over five years
* Total fuel volume sales through service stations, average fuel volumes per car, average fuel volumes per service station, over five years
* Global oil prices, 95 octane petrol prices, 98 octane petrol prices, and autodiesel prices, over eight years
* Total diesel sales value in euros, total petrol sales value in euros, average fuel spend per car in euros, average fuel spend per service station in euros, over five years
* Total motorway service stations, over five years
* Total unmanned service stations, over five years
* The total number of service stations in Norway fell by 1.0% during 2010
* Statoil and Shell make up over half of the Norwegian fuel retail network
* Statoil leads the fuel retail market with a 32% fuel volume share
* Shell accounts for almost a third of Norway's motorway service stations
* Statoil has the largest network of unmanned stations in Norway
* Statoil's unmanned site network expanded by 38% in 2010
* Shell has launched a new fuel, V-Power Nitro+, in Norway
* Esso has a 20% share in Norway's fuel retail market
* Uno-X Energi plans to add 50 sites over the next three years
* St1 has rebranded all former Jet-branded service stations
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK's leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.