2013-09-16 10:43:58 - Recently published research from WealthInsight, "Singapore 2013 Wealth Book", is now available at Fast Market Research
There were 183,000 HNWIs and 3,867 UHNWIs in Singapore in 2012. This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and Ultra HNWIs in Singapore and highlights top-performing cities. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management market.
* There were just over 183,000 HNWIs in Singapore in 2012. These HNWIs collectively held US$857 billion in wealth, which equated to 85.7% of the total individual wealth held in the country.
* Singaporean HNWIs outperformed the global average during the review period - worldwide HNWI volumes decreased by 0.3% while Singapore HNWI numbers increased almost by 100%.
* In 2012, Singapore HNWI numbers rose by 21.7%, following an increase of 4.2% in 2011.
* There were 3,867
UHNWIs in Singapore in 2012, with an average wealth of US$86 million per person, making them a prime target group for wealth sector professionals. Of this total, there were 14 billionaires, 947 centimillionaires and 2,906 affluent millionaires in 2012.
* During the review period, the number of Singaporean HNWIs who acquired their wealth through the financial services industry grew by 163% - more than any other major sector.
Full Report Details at
* Independent market sizing of Singapore HNWIs across five wealth bands
* HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2008 to 2012
* HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017
* HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
* Geographical breakdown of all foreign assets
* Alternative breakdown of liquid vs. investable assets
* Number of UHNWIs in major cities
* Number of wealth managers in each city
* City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
* Details of the development, challenges and opportunities for the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Singapore
* Size of the Singaporean wealth management industry
* Largest domestic private banks by AuM
* Detailed wealth management and family office information
* Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
* The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
* With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
* Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
* Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Standard Chartered Private Bank, UOB Private Banking, DBS Private Bank, Bank of Singapore Ltd
Partial Table of Contents:
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
3.1 Political Background
3.2 Economic Background
3.3 Social Background
3.4 Benchmarking Singapore Wealth in Context
3.4.1 World statistics
3.4.2 Distribution of wealth in Singapore
3.5 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
4 Findings from the WealthInsight HNWI Database
4.1 Trends in HNWI Wealth to 2017
4.1.1 HNWI trend analysis
4.1.2 Trends of the wealth bands
4.1.1 Demographic breakdown of HNWI
4.1.2 HNWIs - job titles
4.1.3 HNWIs - industry breakdown
4.1.4 HNWIs - industry performance
4.2.1 UHNWI volume trend analysis
4.2.2 UHNWI wealth trend analysis
4.2.3 Demographic breakdown of UHNWIs
4.2.4 UHNWIs - sector breakdown
4.3 UHNWIs - Billionaires
1.1.1 Billionaire volume trend analysis
1.1.2 Billionaire wealth trend analysis
1.1.3 Billionaire per capita net worth trend analysis
1.1.4 List of billionaires
4.4 UHNWIs - Centimillionaires
4.4.1 Centimillionaire volume trend analysis
4.4.2 Centimillionaires wealth trend analysis
4.4.3 Centimillionaires per capita net worth trend analysis
4.5 UHNWIs - Affluent Millionaires
4.5.1 Affluent millionaire volume trend analysis
4.5.2 Affluent millionaire wealth trend analysis
4.5.3 Affluent millionaire per capita net worth trend analysis
4.6 Core HNWIs
4.6.1 Core HNWI volume trend analysis
4.7 Core HNWIs - Mid-Tier Millionaires
4.7.1 Mid-tier millionaire volume trend analysis
4.7.2 Mid-tier millionaire wealth trend analysis
4.7.3 Mid-tier millionaire per capita net worth trend analysis
4.8 Core HNWIs - Lower-Tier Millionaires
4.8.1 Lower-tier millionaire volume trend analysis
4.8.2 Lower-tier millionaire wealth trend analysis
4.8.3 Lower-tier millionaire per capita net worth trend analysis
5 Analysis of Singaporean HNWI Investments
5.1 Analysis by Asset Classes
5.1.1 Trends in alternative assets
5.1.2 Trends in "art, wine and wheels"
5.1.3 Trends of investments in real estate
5.1.4 Trends of investments in cash and deposits
5.1.5 Trends of investments in fixed-income
5.1.6 Trends of investments in equities
5.1.7 Trends of investments in business interests
5.2 Analysis of Foreign Investments
5.2.1 Investments in Europe
Full Table of Contents is available at:
WealthInsight provides detailed data and insightful analysis on the global wealth sector. With decades of experience providing business information, they help organizations in the wealth industry make informed decisions, position themselves more effectively and uncover and capitalize on opportunities to win new business. View more research from WealthInsight at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1036
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.