2012-09-20 18:57:27 - Solar Thermal Power Market to 2020 - Asia-Pacific Continues to See Increased Investments While Effective FITs in the Middle East and Africa Create Lucrative Solar Power Destinations - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
An increase in the cost of fossil fuels and supporting government policies (as well as enviable weather) has seen Spain and the United States dominate the global solar thermal market. In 2011 Spain was the primary stakeholder in the global concentrated solar power (CSP) market with a massive 65% of the total installed capacity, with the US coming in second at 33%.
Spain only entered the CSP market in 2007, with the construction of the 11 Megawatt (MW) capacity PS10 solar tower. Since then the country has raced ahead of the pack and in 2011 boasted a total installed CSP capacity of 1,002.2 MW â the largest amount in the world by a significant margin.
The obvious advantage of abundant sunshine combined
with impressive government support has seen CSP boom in Spain. In 2005 the country´s government enacted an ambitious plan for its renewable sector, the Renewable Energy Plan (PER). This plan outlined particular attention to the solar power industry, and as the Spanish government has declared a commitment to adhere to the European Union 2020 agenda on emissions and renewable energy shares, the Spanish solar thermal sector is expected to have a strong future.
The US set up its first solar thermal plant in 1985 and so became to the first country to produce solar thermal electricity with commercial viability. Growth has been relatively modest since this pioneering effort, but GBI Research predicts that, with redoubled commitment, the country´s CSP market will increase from 508.5 MW in installed capacity in 2011 to 25,815 MW by 2020, climbing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 63%.
This huge predicted increase is the result of US plans to commission numerous major CSP plants throughout the next decade, including the La Posa Solar Thermal plant and the Ranegras plant â both based in Arizona.
- Solar thermal power market in 8 copuntries (Australia, China, the US, India, South Africa, Algeria and UAE).
- Details of the 8 solar thermal power markets: Australia, China, the US, India, South Africa, Algeria and UAE.
- Historical and Forecast of renewable power cumulative installed capacity and generation from 2005-2020.
- Historical and Forecast of solar thermal power cumulative installed capacity and generation from 2005-2020.
- Major policies and regulations impacting solar thermal power market in all the countries covered.
- Major active and upcoming projects in all the countries covered.
- Global comptetive landscape of major solar thermal power developers.
Reasons to buy
- Identify key markets and investment opportunities for foreign investors in the solar power industry.
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historical and forecast data and detailed growth opportunities analysis.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends that are driving the solar thermal power market.
- Position yourself to take maximum advantage of the market´s growth potential.
- Locate and capitalize on market potential in emerging solar thermal markets.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Market-Research ..
Browse all Environmental Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Market-Research ..
Browse all Environmental Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Company-Profile ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.