Crop Protection South America Monthly Report 1301 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-12 09:07:01
This is an annual subscription product, with regular updates throughout the year.
South America is an important and growing market in the global context of agrochemicals. In 2012, the sales value of agrochemicals in the Brazilian market was USD9.4 billion, an increase of 10.5% compared with 2011. The Brazilian agrochemical sector is optimistic with bumper crop in 2013. It´s expected that the prices of corn and soybean will give growth to agrochemical business here in the country. Farmers know that they need to invest in agrochemicals to produce more and with higher quality.
In the context of South America, including new product launches, the South American countries showed several changes in the regulation of agrochemicals market, making stiffer or giving greater security to the market and its consumers through new practices of application or new evaluations of the effectiveness and toxicity of products already registered.
Furthermore, it was observed that there is a concern in decreasing the impact of the use of pesticides on the environment. The Chilean government, for example, is investing in the development of organic pesticides to protect citrus trees; Argentina follows the same scenario with the development of organic pesticides to protect the country´s wine industry; whereas Brazil changed rules for aerial application of certain pesticides to protect bees. In this sense, monitoring, not only of market situation, but also the perception of the final consumer about agrochemicals, since they have great influence in shaping policy, constitutes an important strategic tool in the introduction or evolution of these products in the regional market.
- The year 2012 showed a positive scenario in the agrochemicals market in Brazil.
- The Brazilian market for organic products will gain many investments by the Federal Government and FIFA which may pose a threat to agrochemical industry.
- With lower production cost, in 2013, the Brazilian market may gain competitiveness against its main rival, China.
- In the first week of Jan. 2013, a project to develop a mycoinsecticide was announced in Chile to protect citrus fruit production in the country.
- The forecast of growth of weeds resistant and tolerant to herbicides generates preoccupation of producers in Argentina.
- Argentina may consume 4.5 million tonnes to 4.6 million tonnes of fertilizer by 2015.
- In Dec. 2012, a project of law about the minimum application of pesticides was presented to the Chamber of Deputies of Argentina.
- The Chamber of Deputies of Brazil is evaluating the Project of Law No. 4.412/12 that restricts the use and supply of technical and formulated products.
- The traceability of waste and agrochemicals container may be soon a reality in Brazil.
- In Dec. 2012, the Norwegian fertilizer company Yara International announced the acquisition of the fertilizer business of Bunge Brazil at a cost of USD750 million.
- South America´s GM industry continued to develop fast in 2012.
- In Dec. 2012, Argentina presented a new method of combating the ""grapevine moth"", based on an insect pathogenic fungus.
- In Nov. 2012, SENAVE alerted factories in banana producing areas in Paraguay before the threat of plague Black Sigatoka (Mycosphaerella fijiensis) that is widely distributed in 14 Brazilian states.
- According to the analysis of MAPA, projections of production and consumption of rice will lead to increased imports of the product.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.