2013-03-11 12:26:14 - Fast Market Research recommends "Spain Defence & Security Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's Spain Defence & Security Report for Q1 2013 examines the country's strategic posture, its defence industry and its defence procurement plans.
The report examines the overall structure of the Spanish armed forces, their orders of battle and command structures. It analyses the processes of defence reform which have occurred in Spain to reorient its defence posture away from only guarding NATO's southern flank to becoming an expeditionary force which can intervene in conflicts and crises around the world.
In addition, the report examines trends in Spanish defence spending and the defence budget as a whole for the country, in addition to the value of the country's defence imports and exports.
In terms of the report's key findings, BMI believes that the
most serious issue facing the Spanish defence sector at present is balancing the country's procurement aspirations and its strategic posture with the financial strictures facing the government. The report notes that a number of major procurement programmes are ongoing for new defence equipment in Spain, including the procurement of armoured vehicles and combat aircraft. In addition, the report outlines recent changes to the Spanish armed forces order-to-battle to make them more agile in responding to sudden crises. Moreover, the report also notes that Madrid is tentatively looking beyond the country's involvement in Afghanistan towards future conflicts that its armed forces may be faced to tackle.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552298_spain_defence_security_report_q2_2013 ..
Because of the significant government spending cuts being implemented by the Spanish government, defence activity has slowed considerably in Q113Q213. Therefore, BMI has not made any significant changes to its report.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Spain Defence SWOT
- Spain Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Services (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP (US$mn)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Defence Imports (US$mn)
- Table: Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Economic Outlook
- Table: Spain - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Europe Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Europe State Terrorism Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Spain Market Overview
- Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Table: Spain's Foreign Deployments
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
- Political Outlook
- Security Overview
- External Security
- Internal Security
- EADS Casa
- General Dynamics Santa Barbara Sistemas
- Indra Sistemas
- Europe Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Iran War Risks Rising In 2013
- Syrian Conflict To Continue, Post-Assad
- Caucasus At Risk Of Armenia-Azerbaijan War
- Korean Peninsula Facing Mixed Outlook
- Asia's Maritime Island Disputes
- Table: Election Timetable, 2013
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.