2012-09-01 19:36:41 - Effective Drug Therapies in the Treatment of Alcohol and Opioid Dependence Offer Significant Market Opportunities
GBI Research, leading business intelligence provider has released its latest research report, entitled "Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - ". The report provides insights into the substance abuse therapeutics market including market forecasts up to 2018. It provides an in-depth analysis of the major substance abuse indications, which include nicotine addiction, alcohol dependence and opioid and cocaine abuse, as well as insights into the substance abuse therapeutics R&D pipeline. In addition, it analyzes the competitive landscape through the analysis of M&A and licensing deals.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/455914_substance_abuse_therapeutics_market_t ..
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the
substance abuse therapeutics market in the top seven markets was valued at $8.8 billion in 2011, increasing at a CAGR of 4.9% during the review period 2004-2011. The market is projected to witness moderate growth of 5.3% during the 2011-2018 forecast period to reach $12.7 billion. The moderate growth of the market can be attributed to the presence of generics in the market, low compliance with therapy due to the nature of addiction and the lack of innovative products in the pipeline. However, indications such as cocaine addiction, which currently have no approved products, are expected to see entries to the market and high-priced products such as Champix for smoking cessation will not see patent expiry in the forecast period.
* Data and analysis on the substance abuse therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world - the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
* Annualized market data for the substance abuse therapeutics market from 2004-2011 with forecasts to 2018.
* Market data on the therapeutic landscape, which covers nicotine addiction, alcohol dependence and opioid and cocaine abuse. This includes market size, annual cost of therapy, treatment flow algorithm.
* Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
* The competitive landscape of the global substance abuse therapeutics market, which includes companies such as Pfizer, GSK, Forest Laboratories, Alkermes and Reckitt Benckiser.
* Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place from 2007 to 2011 in the global substance abuse therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
* Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
* Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and substance abuse therapeutics market segments poised for strong growth.
* Create a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the global substance abuse therapeutics market.
* Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling therapeutics of leading companies.
* Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Alkermes, Forest Laboratories, Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals, Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Introduction
3 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Market Overview
3.2 Revenue Forecasts for Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market
3.2.2 Annual Cost of Treatment
3.3 Treatment Usage Patterns
3.3.1 Diseased Population
3.3.2 Diagnosed Population
3.3.3 Prescription Population
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market
4 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Geographical Landscape
4.1 The US
4.1.2 Annual Cost of Treatment
4.1.3 Treatment Usage Patterns
4.1.4 Diagnosed Population
4.1.5 Prescription Population
4.2 Top Five Countries of Europe
4.2.2 Annual Cost of Treatment
4.2.3 Treatment Usage Patterns
4.3.2 Annual Cost of Treatment
4.3.3 Treatment Usage Patterns
5 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Nicotine Addiction Therapeutics Market
5.1.1 Treatment Flow Algorithm
5.1.2 Opportunities/Unmet Needs
5.1.4 Annual Cost of Treatment
5.1.5 Treatment Usage Patterns
5.1.6 Drivers and Barriers for the Nicotine Addiction Market
5.2 Marketed Products
5.2.1 Chantix (varenicline)
5.2.2 Zyban (buproprion hydrochloride)
5.2.3 Nicotine Replacement Therapies
6 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Alcohol Dependence Therapeutics Market
6.1.1 Treatment Flow
6.1.2 Opportunities/Unmet Needs
6.1.4 Annual Cost of Treatment
6.1.5 Treatment Usage Patterns
6.2 Drivers and Barriers for Alcohol Dependence Therapeutic Market
6.3 Marketed Products
6.3.1 Detoxification treatment options
6.3.2 Campral (acamprosate calcium)
6.3.3 Antabuse (disulfurum)
6.3.4 Vivitrol (naltrexone)
7 Substance Abuse Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Drug Abuse Therapeutics Market
7.1.1 Opioid Abuse
7.1.2 Cocaine Abuse
7.1.3 Treatment Flow Algorithm
7.1.4 Opportunities/Unmet Needs
7.2.1 Annual Cost of Therapy
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About GBI Research
GBI Research provides industry-leading global business intelligence solutions. Their products and services help companies make better business decisions, win business and position themselves more effectively. GBI Research publishes more than 100 research reports each year across a wide range of industries. These reports draw on in-depth primary and secondary research, databases of proprietary in-house data and high quality analysis from their expert teams. GBI Research employs hundreds of highly qualified Analysts across the US, Europe and Asia. View more research from GBI Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1016
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.