2012-09-25 19:39:33 - Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Major safety fears over supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) medications are threatening many elderly patients, and even encouraging some to opt for surgery. The prognosis for SVT is good if there are no associated co-morbidities, but with time, more frequent and long-lasting episodes are seen in almost all patients, who are forced to adhere to treatments potentially even more dangerous to their health than the condition itself.
However, some set-backs in the SVT therapeutics market may have a negative impact on patient wellbeing. Negative opinions of antiarrhythmic Multaq have emerged among physicians following the black box warning given by the US FDA on December 19, 2011, noting that the drug must be not prescribed for people with a history of heart failure. Multaq
was found to double the risk of death in patients with symptomatic heart failure and New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class IV heart failure, three months after the launch of Multaq in Europe. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) also advised that Multaq must only be used as a last resort. These negative opinions will affect the market share of products.
Another antiarrhythmic drug, Brinavess, was filed in the US in 2007, but has still not received approval due to a patient suffering cardiogenic shock in a pivotal trial. Even if the drug is approved, the resulting negative perception of the product may affect its future market share. Amiodarone, another antiarrhythmic, gained a negative opinion due to adverse events related to toxicity in the brain, kidney, liver and other organs, as well as an overestimation of bleeding risk, and the underestimation of stroke risk associated with anticoagulants. All of these issues discourage physicians from prescribing such drugs.
Patients can be given adenosine (Adenocard), which is a fast-acting intravenous (IV) antiarrhythmic agent that can offer faster activation if given by IV. Adenosine treatment is highly efficacious, yet it still has uncomfortable temporary side effects, including chest pain, flushing, nausea, breathlessness, and dizziness.
SVT patients also suffer a high risk of strokes due to embolism, which can be prevented by anticoagulants such as warfarin, and the recently approved Xarelto and Pradaxa. However, the low safety profiles of such drugs due to bleeding complications mean that the prescription rate of these drugs is low.
As a result, ablation is the treatment of choice for many cardiologists. Procedures such as radiofrequency ablation have increased preference in recent years for the treatment of SVT, and boast more than 85% success rate with few complications. Due to the various risks of drug treatments, more and more cardiologists prefer procedures over medication. Other treatments can also include pacemakers, or cardioversion (an electric shock) to restore the heart´s normal rhythm.
This report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) therapeutics market. It identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global market, and provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global SVT therapeutics sector.
This report was built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis conducted by our team of industry experts.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market revenues data from 2006 to 2011, forecast for eight years to 2019.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What´s the next big thing in the global Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) Therapeutics market landscape? â Identify, understand and capitalize.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.