2012-09-13 05:43:19 - Sweeteners China News 1201 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
This is an annual subscription product, with regular updates throughout the year.
Chinese sweetener processors are seeking new raw materials for production, such as wheat and cultivated liquorice. On one hand, domestic starch sugar industry as one important branch of corn deep processing has been restricted more and more by Chinese government in 2011; on the other hand, the shortage of natural liquorice has been apparent in recent years and even in the future, which enforce Chinese sweetener processors to use wheat and cultivated liquorice to ensure the raw material supply of starch sugar and glycyrrhizin respectively.
Besides, newly released domestic and foreign policies have affected Chinese sweetener industry. For example, China´s Ministry of Health announced a notice to strengthen the management
of new food additives in China on 25 November 2011, which may increase the difficulty in applying for new sweeteners as food additives in China; meanwhile, the European Food Safety Authority released a large number of both published and unpublished scientific studies and data about aspartame´s safety and started to conduct a full reevaluation of aspartame, which may slightly reduce the demand for aspartame in the EU in 2012.
- On 24 November 2011, EFSA released a lot of scientific studies and data about aspartame´s safety and started to conduct a full re-evaluation of aspartame, which may slightly reduce the demand for aspartame in the EU in 2012.
- The export value of Chinese plant extracts, especially stevia sweetener, has been growing fast in 2011.
- China´s Ministry of Health announced a notice to strengthen the management of new food additives in China on 25 November 2011, which may increase the difficulty in applying for new sweeteners as food additives in China.
- According to CCM International´s investigation, four sucralose projects will be launched in 2012, which may increase the sucralose capacity obviously.
- Futaste´s L-arabinose was selected in the National Key New Product Plan of 2011 by the MST, which will enhance its brand awareness and help to attract government support in the future.
- Suzhou Hope plans to expand its capacities of acesulfame-K and diketene, which may increase Chinese capacity of acesulfame-K obviously in the future.
- In December 2011, Star Lake Bioscience put its High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) production line with a total capacity of 100,000t/a into trial production in Guangdong Province, suggesting the company has expanded its business to a new frontier.
- At a meeting of CBFIA from 8 to 9 December 2011, some participants proposed to find alternatives of starch sugar´s raw material, and wheat may partly replace corn to produce starch sugar in the future in China.
- Cultivated liquorice may replace natural liquorice in the application field of glycyrrhizin industry, but it will not be realized so fast.
- Price of sorbitol fluctuated up and down in 2011, decreasing slightly in December 2011 over January 2011, which was caused by the price decrease of VC in 2011.
- In 2011, the price of maltitol has mainly shown a rising trend in 2011 owing to the price increase of corn in Q1-Q3 2011 and the strong demand in Q4 2011.
- AN0C has opened an online shop on taobao.com to promote its brand and products of stevia sweetener.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.