2013-08-25 09:16:01 - Fast Market Research recommends "Thailand Infrastructure Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
We continue to believe that many of the factors supporting our bullish outlook for Thailand's construction sector in 2012 - namely robust building construction activity and conducive monetary conditions for construction - will spill over into 2013. However, other factors that we had highlighted in our previous analysis - increased access to infrastructure financing and a large pipeline of infrastructure projects - may only prove supportive to construction activity after 2013 due to delays in their implementation. As such, we believe that growth in the construction sector in Thailand could decelerate from the heights of 7.8% seen in 2012, down to 5.2% in 2013.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/670594_thailand_infrastructure_report_q3_201 ..
Key developments in the country's infrastructure industry include:
* In April
2013, BTS Rail Mass Transit Growth Infrastructure Fund raised THB62.53bn from equity market investors in a deal arranged by Morgan Stanley, Phatra Securities and UBS. The listing comprised 66.7% of the infrastructure fund, while the sponsor, Bangkok-listed BTS Group bought the remaining 33.3% of the offering. The proceeds will reportedly go towards expand the existing SkyTrain network - which carried a record 50.3mn passengers riders in Q412 - by building feeder lines to supplement its core network in the Thai capital.
* In April 2013, the Thai government introduced a new PPP Act to speed up project execution and speed up the processing of public-private cooperative contracts. It replaces the PPP Act that has been in force since 1992.
* In June 2013, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority (MRTA) approved the plan to construct part of Bangkok's Orange Line. The railway line will start at the Thailand Cultural Centre on Thiam Ruam Mit Road and run along part of Rama IX Road to Ramkhamhaeng Road and Suwintawong Road in Min Buri district. The route is part of the 37.5km Orange Line, which runs from Taling Chan to Min Buri. The Orange Line is expected to link eight different lines and be completed in 2019.
* In June 2013, the Thai cabinet approved a plan to borrow THB314bn (US$10.2bn) for its water management and flood prevention scheme, with THB284bn reserved to finance the scheme's nine key modules. Prior to the approval, the Water and Flood Management Committee had selected a South Korean consortium led by state-owned utility, Korea Water Resources (K-Water), as the preferred bidder for two of the nine modules under the plan, securing the largest share (56%) of the projects in terms of value (THB160bn). After K-Water, a Thai-Chinese consortium known as ITD Power China Joint Venture was awarded the second largest share of the projects. The consortium secured five project modules with a total value of THB107bn. The remaining two modules were awarded to a Thai and Thai- Swiss consortium, Summit SUT Joint Venture and Loxley Joint Venture respectively.
* In June 2013, the Bangkok Post, citing an unnamed source, reported that Gulf Energy Development was the sole winner for the construction of 5000MW worth of new gas-fired power plants under an independent power producer scheme. Gulf was selected for the projects by the Energy Regulatory Commission after the third round of bidding. The plants are expected to be completed by 2021.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Infrastructure SWOT
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Thailand Construction And Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2012 -2016
- Table: Thailand Construction And Infrastructure Industry Forecasts, 2017 -2022
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Some Tailwinds Delayed To 2014
- Risks Remain Pertinent
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Competitiveness Of Thailand's Infrastructure
- Table: Thailand - New High-Speed Railway Lines Planned (2013-2020)
- Table: Thailand - Key Double-Track Narrow-Gauge Railway Projects Planned (2013-2020)
- Urban Railways
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Nuclear Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Power Transmission
- Table: Thailand - Modules Awarded Under Water Management Scheme
- Table: Thailand - Parties Selected For Final Bidding Round Of Water Management Plan
- Table: Major Projects - Energy And Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- A Mixed Picture But Outlook Subdued
- Major Projects Table - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Thailand - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Nearly Developed Markets: Singapore Takes Top Spot
- Giants Of Asia: Sizeable Rewards, Sizeable Risks
- South East Asia: Growing Risks
- Table: Asia Infrastructure Risk Reward Ratings
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: EQS Data
- Infrastructure Funds
- Not All About Financing
- Table: Key Amendments in the Thailand PPP Law
- CH Karnchang
- Siam Cement
- Italian-Thai Development
Global Industry Overview
- Data Methodology
- Capital Investment
- Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.