2013-02-01 18:19:37 - Fast Market Research recommends "Thailand Petrochemicals Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's Thailand Petrochemicals Report Q113 examines the industry's attempts to add value to basic chemicals production following a surge in olefins and polymers capacities over recent years. We look at capacity expansion plans as well as Thailand's leading petrochemicals producer PTT Global Chemical (PTTGC)'s long-term investment strategy.
In 2013, the petrochemicals industry will benefit from growth in monoethylene glycol (MEG), acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene and solution styrene butadiene rubber (SSBR). Increased synthetic rubber production will tap into the growing Asian market for automotive tyres, while MEG will feed the polyester chain. Speciality chemicals are also set to be boosted by growth in polyacetal capacity, which will serve the engineering plastics sector.
PTTGC, Thailand's leading petrochemicals producer, is planning capital expenditure (capex) of US$4.5bn over 2013-2017
to help it achieve projected revenues of THB800bn by 2022, with a focus on expanding capacity in commodity-grade polymer products, high-value-added specialty plastics and green polymers. High-value-added polymers and specialty products are projected to account for 20-25% of the company's total revenue in 2022, up sharply from only 10% in 2012.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529505_thailand_petrochemicals_report_q1_201 ..
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Beyond 2013, BMI only envisages a 260,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) increase in propylene capacity.
* Long-term natural gas production are a concern, with BMI forecasting that output will decline from an estimated 40bn cubic metres (bcm) in 2012 to 26bcm by 2021. With ethane representing 73% of current feedstock, this will place downward pressure on margins and may prompt greater use of naphtha in the future.
* In BMI's Asia Pacific Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) matrix, Thailand scores 69.7 points, unchanged since the previous quarter. However, it has moved from sixth to fifth place due to a decline in Taiwan's position. As such, it is 0.2 points ahead of Taiwan and 6.1 points behind Singapore.
Report Table of Contents:
- Thailand Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
- Thailand Political SWOT
- Thailand Economic SWOT
- Thailand Business Environment SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, 2010-2016
- Table: Middle East Outperforms In Terms Of Passenger Growth, 2012
Emerging Asia Petrochemicals Overview
Thailand Market Overview
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Cracker Data, 2011-2017 ('000tpa)
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Aromatics Capacity (tpa)
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Polyethylene Capacity (tpa)
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Polypropylene Capacity (tpa)
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Polyvinyl Chloride Capacity (tpa)
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector - Polystyrene Capacity (tpa)
Industry Trends And Developments
Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Petrochemicals Business Environment Ratings
- Thailand Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Thailand's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017
- Table: Thailand - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Indorama Polymers Public Company Limited (IRP PCL)
- Integrated Refinery and Petrochemicals Company (IRPC)
- PTT Global Chemical
- Siam Cement Group (SCG)
Glossary of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Table: Thailand's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Thailand's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Thailand's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Thailand's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.