2014-01-29 12:53:01 - The Impact of Mobile Health on Patient-Centric Disease Management - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Through The Impact of Mobile Health on Patient-Centric Disease Management, we explore the emerging and exciting world of mobile and digital health apps. Based on interviews from nine industry experts, reviews of clinical and commercial opportunities and case studies, the report offers insight into app development, integration, and how the industry can capture the market now and in the future.
Report Highlights of The Impact of Mobile Health on Patient-Centric Disease Management include:
- Expert opinion from those working at the forefront of the emerging mHealth industry, including experts from GlaxoSmithKline, Boehringer Ingelheim, UCB and Janssen Healthcare
- Overview of clinical and commercial opportunities and realities. with implications for patients, clinicians and pharma
- Case studies of new, established and successful platforms, covering
diabetes, schizophrenia, adherence, cognitive behavioural therapy and epilepsy
- Insight into the use of data for clinical patient management
While mobile and digital health apps are relatively new to pharma, there are clear signs they present excellent opportunities for the industry. In The Impact of Mobile Health on Patient-Centric Disease Management, FirstWord explores this exciting new area. Amongst the benefits, this report will help you to:
- Understand the parameters of the booming mobile app business, as it applies to pharma
- Learn the critical path for development of apps, platforms, gamification and optimising patient engagement
- Understand how real world data gathered can make a difference in drug development and meeting demands for data from regulators and reimbursement agencies
- Develop key knowledge about how mobile, digital and healthcare industries will grow together
Key Questions Answered
The Impact of Mobile Health on Patient-Centric Disease Management answers key questions:
- How can pharma harness the mobile and digital app industry?
- What returns can pharma expect by developing mobile and digital apps?
- What are the most successful apps to date and what garnered their success?
- What are the key benefits of mobile technology for pharma, patients and physicians?
- What is the future of digital and mobile health apps?
Reasons to Buy
Selected quotes from the report
"Use of these platforms means that patients are taking responsibility for themselves; that´s the magic bullet in a way, and that gets a win for everyone." David Proudlock, GSK
"Effectively, the healthcare professional or other stakeholder starts to have a better view of the patient´s clinical management outside of the consulting room, helping to prevent events, and enabling the provision of care for patients remotely. It´s a very different experience for patients, but it´s certainly something that patients tell us they want to see happen." Michael Morgan-Curran from the GSMA
"If we say to a payer, we have a drug but we also have a proven and remote monitoring device through a partner company so when a patient gets the drug they also get the mobile health device or app and we have proven studies, then we might be in a preferential position compared to a competitor molecule. We would have a better position from a market access perspective." Wolfgang Renz, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Larry Brooks, Director, Business Model & Healthcare Innovation at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (BIPI)
- Tony Free, developer of iThinkSmarter smartphone app and cognitive behavioural therapist, Yorkshire, UK
- Graham Howieson, CEO at GP Solutions (UK) Ltd, in Manchester, UK
- Navin Joshi, Senior Director, Customer Solutions in Access to Medicines at GlaxoSmithKline
- Marco Mohwinckel, partner at Janssen Healthcare Innovation, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Michael Morgan-Curran, Global Director of mHealth & Diabetes Programme Director at the GSMA (GSM Association)
- Roger Palframan, Head of Innovation Super Networks at UCB
- David Proudlock, Director, Innovation and Disruptive Technologies - UK Pharma at GlaxoSmithKline
- Wolfgang Renz, Corporate Vice President, Business Model & Healthcare Innovation, Boehringer Ingelheim based in the U.S
Mobile and digital health apps are being developed with great success in pockets of the industry. In this report, you will discover:
- The importance of digital platforms and mobile apps in providing integrated health solutions
- The hidden value of mobile apps in collating, distributing and analysing real world data
- The current state-of-play for regulations, leading up to the FDA´s pending guidance on mobile app
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.