2013-03-18 03:56:19 - New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Cameroon has a small insurance industry. Given the market size, the non-life insurance segment is highly competitive and fragmented with the presence of 18 companies. The global financial crisis had both a direct and indirect impact on the industry; Cameroon's economy is largely dependent on commodity exports, which declined during 2008-2010 as a result of the crisis and negatively affected the overall economy. The volume of goods and services exported by the country declined by 4% in 2008, 2.7% in 2009 and 1.2% in 2010 respectively. In 2009, the IMF disbursed US$144 million under its Exogenous Shocks Facility to help Cameroon cope with the adverse effects of the crisis. In addition, the decline in exports directly caused written premiums in
the marine, aviation and transit insurance category to decline in 2008 and in 2009. The Cameroon Automobile Guarantee Fund (CAMAF) project is expected to help the country's low-income population buy auto insurance, which is expected to translate into an increased demand for motor insurance.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/553788_the_insurance_industry_in_cameroon_ke ..
* The Cameroonian insurance industry is highly under developed and offers lucrative potential for growth, given the relative growth in the country's labor force and increasing GDP per capita.
* More than 90% of Cameroonians do not have access to traditional insurance products.
* The Cameroon Insurance Companies Association (ASAC) intends to increase the size of the market through various measures, ranging from the simplification of procedures to diversification of the product portfolio, as well as the launch of awareness campaigns which educate the public about the benefits of having insurance.
* As part of this objective, the ASAC has also undertaken various initiatives including reactivating the national arbitration commission, starting up a pool of co insurance for insuring risks related to public transportation, signing an inter-company agreement on unpaid premiums and introducing a new health policy.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Cameroon:
* It provides historical values for the Cameroonian insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Cameroonian insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Cameroon and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Cameroonian insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Cameroonian insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Cameroonian insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Cameroonian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Chanas Assurances SA, AXA Cameroon, SAAR, Allianz Africa
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Cameroonian Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Cameroonian Insurance Industry
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.1.1 Individual endowment category
4.1.2 Individual marriage and birth insurance category
4.1.3 Group life insurance category
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance category
4.2.2 Motor insurance category
4.2.3 Liability insurance category
4.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance category
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.4 Reinsurance Market Size by Insurance Segment, 2008-2017
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 Chanas Assurances SA - company overview
5.2.2 AXA Cameroon - company overview
5.2.3 SAAR - company overview
5.2.4 Allianz Africa - company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US$)
6.2 GDP per Capita at Current Prices (US$)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US$)
6.4 Inflation Rate (%)
6.5 Health Expenditure per Capita
6.6 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.7 Imports as a Percentage of GDP
6.8 Labor Force
6.9 Total Population
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP
7.2 Contact Us
7.3 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Cameroonian Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (XAF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 3: Cameroonian Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Billion), 2008-2012
Table 4: Cameroonian Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (XAF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 5: Cameroonian Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Billion), 2012-2017
Table 6: Cameroonian Insurance Segmentation (% Share), 2008-2017
Table 7: Cameroonian Life Insurance Written Premium by Category (XAF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 8: Cameroonian Life Insurance Written Premium by Category (US$ Billion), 2008-2012
Table 9: Cameroonian Life Insurance Written Premium by Category (XAF Billion), 2012-2017
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.