2013-03-18 03:56:08 - New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "The Insurance Industry in Congo, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
The Congolese insurance industry is regulated by CIMA, which is responsible for regulation across the entire CFA Franc zone. The principal act governing Congolese insurance and reinsurance companies is regional insurance law which was imposed by CIMA as part of a treaty signed by the Francophone African states. Motor third-party liability, cargo and workers compensation insurance are compulsory in Congo. Foreign insurers are not permitted to operate in the Congolese insurance industry. There are only six insurance companies providing insurance services in Congo: Insurance and Reinsurance of Congo, AGC-Congo, AGC-Vie Congo, New Inter Insurance Company, NSIA-Vie Congo, and Allianz-Africa. Among these Allianz-Africa is the newest and was established in early 2012.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/553790_the_insurance_industry_in_congo_key_t ..
insurance industry in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Congo) is relatively small and under developed and has only six operational companies.
* Due to political instability and an unpredictable monetary policy, the overall financial system is vulnerable.
* The key factors affecting the performance of the industry during the review period include poverty, political imbalance and the global economic crisis.
* The industry driver is the non-life segment which accounts for 70% of the total gross written premium.
* The Conference Internationale des Marchesd' Assurances (CIMA) established on July 10, 1992, is the official industry regulator.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Congo:
* It provides historical values for the Congolese insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Congolese insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It outlines the key regulations affecting the insurance industry in Congo
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Congolese insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Congolese insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Congolese insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Congolese insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Allianz AFRICA, Assurances Generales Du Congo (AGC), NSIA Assurance
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Congolese Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Congolese Insurance Industry
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance category
4.2.2 Motor insurance category
4.2.3 Liability insurance category
4.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance category
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.4 Reinsurance Market Size by Insurance Segment, 2008-2017
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 Allianz AFRICA - company overview
5.2.2 Assurances Generales Du Congo (AGC) - company overview
5.2.3 NSIA Assurance - company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US$)
6.2 GDP Per Capita at Current Prices (US dollar)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US dollar)
6.4 Inflation Rate (%)
6.5 Health Expenditure Per Capita
6.6 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.7 Imports as a Percentage of GDP
6.8 Labor Force
6.9 Total Population
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP
7.1 Contact Us
7.2 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Congolese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (XAF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 3: Congolese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2008-2012
Table 4: Congolese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (XAF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 5: Congolese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2012-2017
Table 6: Congolese Insurance Segmentation (% Share), 2008-2017
Table 11: Congolese Life Insurance - Paid Claims (XAF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 12: Congolese Life Insurance - Paid Claims (XAF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 13: Congolese Life Insurance - Incurred Loss (XAF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 14: Congolese Life Insurance - Incurred Loss (XAF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 15: Congolese Life Insurance - Loss Ratio 2008-2012
Table 16: Congolese Life Insurance - Loss Ratio 2012-2017
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.