2013-03-11 17:07:16 - Recently published research from Timetric, "The Insurance Industry in Suriname, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Surinamese insurance industry is led by the non-life insurance segment, which accounted for 45% of the gross insurance premium (GWP) in 2011. The motor insurance category accounted for the largest share of the segment. At the end of 2011, 13 companies were operating in the Surinamese insurance industry consisting of five life insurance, six non-life insurance and two funeral insurance companies. The Central Bank of Suriname (CBvS) is the regulator of the country's insurance industry. The Surinamese insurance industry remained relatively unaffected by the global and European debt crisis. The Surinamese insurance industry is currently facing challenges on account of stiff price competition and increasing value of paid claims.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/553787_the_insurance_industry_in_suriname_ke ..
* The Surinamese
insurance industry is led by the non-life insurance segment, which accounted for 45% of the gross insurance premium (GWP) in 2011.
* The motor insurance category accounted for the largest share of the segment.
* At the end of 2011, 13 companies were operating in the Surinamese insurance industry consisting of five life insurance, six non-life insurance and two funeral insurance companies.
* A low insurance penetration rate, rising life expectancy and increasing healthcare costs will drive the growth of the life and personal accident and health insurance segments over the forecast period
* Growing product developments and increased use of technology by companies will help to attract and raise awareness for insurance products.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Suriname:
* It provides historical values for the Suriname insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Suriname insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Suriname and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Suriname insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Suriname insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Suriname insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Suriname insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Assuria N.V., FATUM Schadeverzekering N.V., Self Reliance Insurance Company
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Surinamese Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Surinamese Insurance Industry - Market Size, 2008-2017
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Segment Growth Prospects
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance category
4.2.2 Motor insurance category
4.2.3 Liability insurance category
4.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance category
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 Assuria N.V. - company overview
5.2.2 FATUM Schadeverzekering N.V. - company overview
5.2.3 Self Reliance Insurance Company - company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US dollar)
6.2 GDP Per Capita at Constant Prices (US dollar)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US dollar)
6.4 Construction Output
6.5 Inflation Rate
6.6 Age Dependency Ratio
6.7 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.8 Number of Air Passengers
6.9 Healthcare Expenditure per Capita
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP
6.11 Total Population
7.2 Contact Us
7.3 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Surinamese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (SRD Million), 2008-2012
Table 3: Surinamese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2008-2012
Table 4: Surinamese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (SRD Million), 2012-2017
Table 5: Surinamese Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2012-2017
Table 6: Surinamese Insurance Segmentation 2008-2017
Table 7: Surinamese Life Insurance - Gross Written Premium (SRD Million), 2008-2012
Table 8: Surinamese Life Insurance - Gross Written Premium (SRD Million), 2012-2017
Table 9: Surinamese Life Insurance - Paid Claims (SRD Million), 2008-2012
Table 10: Surinamese Life Insurance - Paid Claims (SRD Million), 2012-2017
Table 11: Surinamese Life Insurance - Incurred Loss (SRD Million), 2008-2012
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.