2013-01-14 01:13:21 - The Nanotechnology Opportunity in Food and Drinks Packaging - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The development of plastics incorporating nanocomposites, which act as a barrier for gases, has meant that manufacturers can start to use plastic instead of other expensive and heavyweight packaging types. Nanoclays work with standard materials to enhance packaging quality, making it stiffer, tougher, more flexible, or enhancing barrier properties.
Cost is an issue. The limited number of companies involved in the nanotechnology packaging industry means that there is little competition and less incentive to lower product prices. Equally, the products are currently produced on a much smaller scale than traditional packaging materials, and therefore they do not benefit from economies of scale.
With much discussion surrounding nanotechnology, particularly concerning its potential effect on human health, some form of legislation may be enacted
in the near future, particularly for nanomaterials that come into contact with consumer products such as food, or food packaging, potentially causing delays in getting products to market.
Nanotechnology has many potential applications in food and drinks packaging, particularly in beverages, meat, poultry, vegetables, and fruit. Nanotechnology adds extra barrier properties to help prevent spoilage for longer. New developments are also increasing the functionality of nanotechnology, helping to create packaging that can detect when food has been spoiled or contaminated.
- Identify the leading players in the nanotechnology packaging market.
- Analyze the leading technological developments in the sector.
- Analyze the core opportunities and challenges within the sector.
- Help to identify the current state of the market and make predictions on where the market is going.
- Which packaging sectors stand to benefit most from nanotechnology
Reasons To Buy
- What are the major new nanotechnology developments impacting the packaging sector?
- How will the packaging sector be impacted by nanotechnology?
- Which companies are set to gain most from developments in this sector?
- What are the major obstacles to be overcome for better commercialization rates?
- What technology areas offer the most promise for packaging companies?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Paper-and-Packaging/Market-Re ..
Browse all Paper and Packaging Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Paper-and-Packaging/Market-Re ..
Browse all Paper and Packaging Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Paper-and-Packaging/Company-P ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.