2012-11-30 09:41:31 - The Plastics Compounding Market - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
- The North American market distributed 98 billion pounds of plastic compounds in 2008. The market decreased to an estimated 91 billion pounds in 2009, but is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% to 107 billion pounds in 2014.- The largest segment of the market, resin producers, distributed 64 billion pounds in 2008. It decreased to an estimated 60 billion pounds in 2009, but is projected to increase at a CAGR of 3.3% to 71 billion pounds in 2014.- The processors segment distributed 21 billion pounds in 2008. That figure was expected to decrease to 20 billion in 2009, but was expected to grow to more than 23 billion pounds in 2014, for a
5-year CAGR of 3.4%.
As plastic resins leave the reactor, they are neat polymers. Additional chemicals and other materials must be added to make them commercially useful. This process is defined as compounding, or the creation of a compound, a mixture.These additives include colorants, stabilizers, flame retardants, impact modifiers, plasticizers, and dozens of others, including fillers/reinforcements. Plastic compounding is accomplished by three groups of companies, namely resin producers, plastics processors (e.g., injection/blow molders and extruders), and independent compounders.SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report covers the major thermoplastic resins and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs). The resins include high-density polyethylene (HDPE), low-density polyethylene (LDPE), linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), polypropylene, polystyrene, and engineering thermoplastics (ETPs): the major representatives being nylons, polycarbonates, polyacetals, PET, and PBT. This report also includes, for the first time, bio compounds: plastics that are made from plants instead of hydrocarbons.
The plastics compounding market is segmented by each of the above resins by volume and by each of the three plastics compounding groups for the years 2008, 2009, and 2014. Reasons are provided for estimates and forecasts.The major resin producers, key plastics processors, and independent compounders are identified, and activities, product lines, and estimated sales for the major independent compounders are provided.
The quantitative market information contained in this report pertains to North America. Other features in this report include the following:* Review of key plastics additives used in plastics compounding
* Important information on major fillers/reinforcements
* Developments in carbon fiber and carbon nanotubes
* Advances in natural fibers
* Regulatory and environmental developments shaping compounds, ranging from phthalate plasticizers to halogenated flame retardants
* Key suppliers of plastics additives and fillers/reinforcements
* Review recent advances of plastics compounding machinery/ equipmentREASONS FOR DOING STUDY
Previous reports on plastics compounding have covered only part of the overall business. Either these reports dealt only with the independent compounders or provided the results of interviews with selected compounders, but none of them attempted to analyze the overall North American market.Importantly, this report is the first to address critical issues that will shape plastics compounding for the next five years: bio compounds, carbon fiber, carbon nanotubes, natural fiber reinforcements, and environmental regulations.&
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Market-Research/Th ..
Browse all Industrial Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Market-Research?aC ..
Browse all Industrial Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Company-Profile?aC ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.