2012-06-29 09:41:18 - New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
As NATO's only Muslim member, and occupying a unique geographical position at the crossroads of Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Turkey's defence and security situation has great strategic importance to all of these regions and to the wider world. BMI's Defence and Security report examines Turkey's armed forces; its internal and external security challenges; defence industry and the country's defence procurement activity. BMI believes that Turkey will continue to suffer security challenges for some time in the form of the continued Kurdish nationalist insurgency affecting the country, and from the wider fallout from the tense security situation in the Middle East at large. Nevertheless, the country's armed forces will continue to play an active role in NATO and meet
any future challenges to Turkey's security.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/404342_turkey_defence_security_report_q3_201 ..
BMI's Defence and Security Report has several key findings. In terms of domestic security, the Kurdish insurgency continues to challenge the country's policymakers and its armed forces. While a military response is seeking to contain and ultimately end this insurgency, a political solution in the form of negotiations could become increasingly important in helping to stop the violence once and for all. At the external level, Turkey continues to suffer the fallout from the deteriorating security situation inside Syria. Ankara will have to tread a delicate path to ensure that Turkey's territorial sovereignty is not violated by the Syrian armed forces, while at the same time working to prevent the crisis from spilling over into the wider Middle East region.
In terms of the Turkish armed forces procurement, the government must ensure that the military has the latest materiel. This can be achieved by continuing to utilise Turkey's position as a trusted recipient of advanced defence hardware from the United States. Finally, the Turkish government must assist the growth of the domestic defence industry. This can be best achieved by purchasing indigenous materiel when appropriate, and encouraging continuing research and development efforts.
Since the publication of BMI's last Turkey Defence and Security report, a number of changes have been made. These include:
* A discussion of Turkey's continuing attempts to contain the rapidly escalating political crisis inside Syria.
* An examination of the continued tense relations existing between Turkey and Israel, particularly in the light of the deployment of a NATO ballistic missile early warning radar in south-western Turkey.
* An update regarding the efforts of the Turkish government to investigate and bring to justice alleged perpetrators of an attempted coup which reportedly involved senior members of the armed forces.
* Details of the Turkish government's latest acquisition efforts across the multirole combat aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and trainer aircraft upgrade domains.
Partial Table of Contents:
- Turkey Security SWOT
- Turkey Defence Industry SWOT
- Turkey Political SWOT
- Turkey Economic SWOT
- Turkey Business Environment SWOT
Global Political Outlook
- Major Risks Looming In 2012-2013
- Global Flashpoints: Eurozone, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, Korean Peninsula
- Table: Election Timetable, Q312-Q113
- Wild Cards To Watch
Middle East Security Overview
- The Strategic Outlook For The 2010s
- The Middle East In A Global Context
- Challenges And Threats To Stability And Security
- Regional Power Dynamics
- Nuclear Proliferation
- External Powers
- Scenarios For The Middle East
Europe Security Overview
- The Strategic Outlook For The 2010s
- Europe In A Global Context
- Europe's Key Security Issues Over The Coming Decade
- What If The Eurozone Collapses? Political Risks Assessed
Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Middle East And Africa Defence And Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And North Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Turkey's Security Risk Ratings
- Domestic Politics
- Syria Escalation Testing Ankara's Political Resolve
- Table: Turkey's Political Overview
- Long-Term Political Outlook
- Structural Changes To Continue Through 2010s
- Internal Security Situation
- Table: Insurgent Groups
- External Security Situation
Armed Forces And Government Spending
- Armed Forces
- International Deployments
- Table: Foreign Deployments
- Weapons Of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Key Players In Turkey's Defence Sector
- Procurement Trends And Developments
- Latest Developments
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Armed Forces
- Table: Turkey's Armed Forces, 2000-2008 ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Turkey's Manpower Available For Military Service, 2009-2016 (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Turkey's Defence Expenditure, 2009-2016
- Table: Turkey's Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2009-2016 (US$mn)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Turkey's Defence Exports, 2009-2016 (US$mn)
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.